Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) has published the answer key for GAT. The exam was held on 19th January 2020 to offer admissions to UG and PG courses for the academic session 2020-21. NIFT offers 4,297 seats in undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Readers can find the courses offered by all the NIFT campuses in the country along with their important dates and so forth in this article.
UG Courses Offered by NIFTs:
- B.F.Tech – Apparel Production
- B.Des – Fashion Communication
- B.Des – Knitwear Design
- B.Des – Textile Design
- B.Des – Accessory Design
- B.Des – Leather Design
- B.Des – Fashion Design
PG Courses Offered by NIFTs:
- Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech)
- Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)
- Master of Design (M.Des)
NIFT Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Norms for UG and PG Courses:
- The upper age limit for the candidates applying for Bachelor’s degree courses is 23 years (five years relaxation for SC/ST candidates) as on October 1, 2019.
- 10+2 is the basic criterion for the admission to Bachelor’s degree courses.
- For seeking admission to M.Des and M.F.M courses, the applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or from NIFT.
- For seeking admission to M.F.Tech course, B.F.Tech/B.Tech/B.E degree is mandatory.
- There is no upper age limit for Master’s courses.
- Qualifying in NIFT Entrance Test is mandatory for seeking admission to any of the courses offered by NIFT.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2020 Application Process
- Official website of NIFT is the gateway for submitting the online application form.
- Check the ‘Admissions 2020’ tab on the official website of NIFT.
- Under the tab, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link.
- Firstly, read the ‘Admission Guidelines’ carefully and proceed with the online submission of application.
- The application fee for General/OBC (Non-Creamy)/GEN-EWS category is Rs. 2,000, while the application fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates is Rs. 1,000.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates
All the important dates related to the NIFT Entrance Exam 2020 have been mentioned below:
Online registration begins
October 23, 2019
Deadline to complete online registration or submission of application
December 31, 2019
Application editing or corrections in application form begin and end date
January 1, 2020, to January 4, 2020
Availability of admit card for NIFT 2020 Entrance Exam
January 10, 2020
NIFT 2020 Entrance Exam
January 19, 2020
NIFT B.Des Results
June 25, 2020
Situation Test for B.Des
Commencement of M.Des Online Interview Registration
|June 19, 2020 (10 am onwards)|
Last Date for Registration of M.Des Online Interview
|June 21, 2020 (until midnight)|
Release of M.Des Online Interview Admit Card
|June 23, 2020|
M.Des Online Interview Date
|June 26, 2020 onwards|
To be Announced
Stay tuned to collegedekho.com for latest news and updates on NIFT Admissions 2020!