- News byStream
NIFT Entrance Exam 2017: Eligibility & Important Dates Announced
The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has recently announced the exam dates of NIFT entrance exam 2017 on its official website. The last date to apply for the same is 10th January 2017 and 16th January 2017 in the case of late registration along with a late fee.
The exam is scheduled to take place on Sunday, 12th February 2017 at various centres across the country. NIFT Entrance Exam 2017 will be conducted in order to screen candidates for admissions to the numerous undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered in the field of design by the institutes.
Eligibility Criteria for NIFT Entrance Exam 2017:
Age limit - maximum 23 years as on 1st October 2017; relaxation of upto 5 years in upper age limit for SC/ST candidates for bachelor degree programmes. However, there is no age bar for applicants of master degree programmes.
For B.Des in (Fashion Design / Accessory Design / Leather Design / Knitwear Design / Textile Design / Fashion Communication):
- 10+2 from a state board recognised by AIU or
- Pass grade in SSE conducted by National Open School with minimum five subjects or
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education
For Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech.):
- 10+2 in science stream from a state board recognised by AIU or
- Pass grade in SSE conducted by National Open School with minimum five subjects including Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics or
- 3 or 4-years diploma in engineering (any branch of engineering) recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education
For M.Des/ M.F.M and M.F.Tech:
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India (B.E/B.Tech for M.F.Tech) or
- Diploma in UG Design from NID/NIFT only (for M.Des only)
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NID/NIFT
- B.F.Tech from NIFT (for M.F.Tech only)
Important Dates for NIFT Entrance Exam 2017:
|Online application window||2nd November 2016 - 10th January 2017|
|Last date to submit application||10th January 2017|
|Last date to submit application with late fee of Rs. 5,000||16th January 2017|
|Download of admit card||21st January 2017 onwards|
|NIFT Entrance Exam for UG & PG courses||12th February 2017|
|Situation Test / GD / Interview||April - May 2017 (tentative)|
|Announcement of result||May/June 2017|
|Commencement of counselling procedure||June 2017 onwards|
Candidates who wish to apply for NIFT entrance 2017 can do so by logging on to the official website of National Institute of Fashion Technology.
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) revealed that it would start the digital evaluation of OMR sheets through a ...
Now that the CAT exam is over, you must be wondering what will be the cutoffs of the top B-schools and which colleges ...