How to Prepare
NIFT B.Des 2017 Question Paper Format
NIFT B.Des 2017 News and Updates
The results for the NIFT Entrance Exam 2017 have been announced by the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) yesterday, March 29, 2017. The results that were scheduled to be declared on March 30, 2017, have been declared a day earlier. Candidates who had appeared for the NIFT Entrance ...Read more
Admit Card of National Institute of Fashion Technology has been released on January 21, 2017 online. NIFT Entrance Examination for the year 2017 will be conducted by Delhi-based National Institute of Fashion Technology on February 12, 2017 for admissions to undergraduate programmes like Bachelor of ...Read more
The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has recently announced the exam dates of NIFT entrance exam 2017 on its official website. The last date to apply for the same is 10th January 2017 and 16th January 2017 in the case of late registration along with a late fee. The exam is ...Read more
NIFT B.Des 2017
The National Institute of Fashion Technology is one of the premier institutions that imparting the professional degree courses in the field of fashion technology & design. The National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam for Undergraduate Degree ( NIFT Entrance Exam Bachelor of Design – B.Des.) is conducted for admission in the Bachelor of Design – B.Des. The institute invites the application from all Indian and foreign candidates for the admission through the NIFT Entrance Exam. The NIFT entrance exam will be conducted by the NIFT in selected Major cities of India.
- Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Design in Leather Design
- Bachelor of Design in Accessory Design
- Bachelor of Design in Textile Design
- Bachelor of Design in Knitwear Design
- Bachelor of Design in Fashion Communication
NIFT B.Des 2017 Conducting Body
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a fashion institute in India. It was set up in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and is an institution of design, management and technology for the international fashion business. NIFT was granted statutory status in 2006, empowering it to award degrees and other academic distinctions. With its head office in New Delhi, NIFT has centers at Mumbai, Kolkata, Kangra, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Raebareli, Patna, Shillong, Bhopal, Kannur, Bhubaneswar and Jodhpur where it offers four-year bachelor and two-year master programmes in the areas of Design, Management and Technology.
NIFT B.Des Contact Details
|Address||NIFT Campus, No. 21st, 16th Cross Street 27th Main Road, Sector I HSR (Hosur Sarjapura Road) Layout, Bengaluru – 560 102 (Karnataka).|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
NIFT B.Des FAQ
1) How can I get the NIFT prospectus?
The prospectus is available on the NIFT website (www.nift.ac.in).
2) What if I forget to take a printout of the Online application form after submission?
Candidates can view the application by clicking the button “Action 4: View Application” and can take a printout of the same for their record any time.
3) How may programmes can be selected?
At one time only one programmes can be selected.
4) Do you have any agency or representatives for admission?Is there any management quota?
No. Admissions are purely on merit based. Please do not be fooled by misrepresentation by any person(s). NIFT does not have any management quota.
5) I belong to middle class / lower middle class background. Is NIFT for me? Is it expensive?
Students from any background can study comfortably in NIFT and make their career. The NIFT fee amount is among the lowest in similar Institutes. Moreover you can avail of education loans. The repayment of loan starts after you are employed. So you can finance your own education.
6) What will decide my domicile status?
State domicile seats are offered at the following NIFT Campuses:
The domicile of the student will be the state in which the candidate has completed his/her class 12th examination/ graduation/qualifying degree. A certificate from the school /college may be obtained. In case the candidate has obtained the qualifying certificate/ degree through Distance Learning mode, the address of the school attended regularly by the candidate will determine his/her domicile status.
7) Can I change the examination centre after submission of application form?
No, requests for change in the examination centre will not be entertained at any stage.
8) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
9) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
10) What is the eligibility criterion for admission?
The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/ State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
11) What is the minimum age required for Undergraduate course?
For Bachelor Programmes : Maximum Age is 23 years as on 1st October, 2016. The upper age limit may be relaxed for a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP).
12) Which academic stream in my XII standard (or equivalent) should I have studied in to be eligible for the NIFT B.Des examination?
Students from any academic stream (e.g. science, arts & humanities, commerce etc.) in their XII standard (or equivalent), are eligible to apply for NIFT B.Des.
13) Is it necessary to have 10+2 studies in science stream for doing Bachelor of Design Course?
Not at all. The Candidate from any stream of 10+2/higher secondary education can do the Bachelor of Design Course.
14) I have completed 10+2. What are the courses that I can do in Bachelor of Design?
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is offering Bachelor’s degree in Accessory Design,Fashion Communication ,Fashion Design,Knitwear Design,Leather Design,Textile Design . The duration ofAccessory Design,Fashion Communication ,Fashion Design,Knitwear Design,Leather Design,Textile Design is 4 years. The eligibility for the both courses is 10+2 from a recognised Board of Education.
15) Are drawing skills mandatory to join B.Desgin course?
No, our course curriculum is designed in a manner where we start teaching from the basic dot line drawing and in the last semester, expose the students to specialized fields also.
16) I am from the non-science stream in my XII. Will I be able to cope with the course?
If you are good enough to qualify in NIFT B.Des and make it to the B. Des. selection list, coping with B. Des. will not be a problem for you.
17) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
Yes, you are allowed however A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
18) For how long is the NIFT B.Des score valid?
The NIFT B.Des score is valid for just one year.
19) What are the specializations offered at National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in B.Desgin ?
Following are the Specialization
Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) - 4 years
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design.
20) Is NIFT Degree recognized?
Yes. NIFT has been granted statutory status under an Act of Parliament of India in 2006, empowering the Institute to award degrees and other academic distinctions.President of India is the ‘Visitor’ of the Institute under the Act. NIFT is also a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
21) Do you have reservation of seats for SC/ST?
Seats reserved for SC / ST / Differently Abled Candidates (PHP) / Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI in each programme are as under :
- SC :- 15 %
- ST :- 7.5%
- OBC (NonCreamy) :- 27 %
- Differently Abled Person (PHP) :-3% horizontal reservation for Differently Abled Person (with 40% or more disability) cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamyand General category. Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation.
- Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI :- 15 % (Supernumerary)
- State Domicile :- 20 % (Supernumerary)
- State Domicile in Jammu & Kashmir :-3 5 % within 30 seats.
22) Which banks are tied-up for educational loans?
Union Bank of India provides pre-sanctioned loans for candidates who qualify for the NIFT admission. You can apply as soon as you clear theNIFT entrance test.
23) How can I approach Union Bank of India for student loans?
You can contact any UBI branch across the country with your Common Merit Rank (CMR) for student loans on special rates.
24) Does NIFT offer any other courses other than the full time program?
NIFT has developed a range of Continuing Education Programmes, which have been developed in consultation with reputed academicians and industry practitioners. These programmes reflect the requirements and concerns of the industry and have been carefully planned to spur professional growth, and are relevant to individuals at different stages of their careers.
The CE Certificate Programmes are aimed at complementing the practical knowledge of the industry professionals with formal technical education in their respective areas of work. The flexible schedule enables the participants to pursue the programme without interrupting their professional activities. With focus on interactive learning, the programmes provide a congenial environment that integrates theory with practice. The participants receive a NIFT certificate on successful completion of the programme.
25) How are students evaluated in the regular programs?
Continuous evaluation and assessment is undertaken throughout the semester by way of assignments, projects, internships and presentations. Juries comprising academicians and industry professionals assess students' work and capabilities. The aim is to closely monitor students' evolution as competent professionals and provide critical feedback to students on their performance and development.
26) What are the facilities provided on campus in terms of services to the students?
Students are provided with library (Resource center), hostel facility, canteen, sports zone, medical doctor, Internet access, transportation facility.
27) Is the placement center centric or common across all centers?
The placement in NIFT is centralized for all centers and disciplines.
28) Can the student of any center intern in any place in India/abroad?
Yes. The student can take up internship anywhere with the consent of department.
29) Is there a committee for anti-ragging act at the centers?
Yes each campus has a committee to take care of this. The committee comprises of faculty members and the administrative staff.
30) How does the organization function?
The Institution is headed by the Director General, Who sits at the NIFT HQ in New Delhi. Each Campus is headed by a Director. The academic departments have Chairpersons as academic heads of the respective departments. Each campus the department is headed by the Campus coordinators.