A report which has been published by Research and Markets on “Opportunities in India Nursing Education Market” indicated that nursing education has received a tremendous boost in the recent years. The number of enrollments in nursing courses have been increasing every year. It is expected that the number of nurses and midwives will reach 4 million by 2022. Around 6% of the increase is excepted between 2017-2022.
The report also indicated that the quality of nursing education, employment opportunities and various courses offered in it are attracting various students to take up nursing as a career after their +2. On the other hand, the number of institutes offering courses in nursing has been increasing rapidly which will cater the needs of industry in the coming years.
On the contrary, the industry is also facing various challenges as the number of skilled and qualified nurses are less compared the requirement. Hence, there is a need to develop the curriculum in an efficient manner which will cater the needs of industry.
Here are some of the top colleges in India which offer various courses in Nursing:
- Sri Ramachandra College of Nursing, Tamil Nadu
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing, Delhi
- Manipal College of Nursing, Karnataka
- Lalita Girdhar Hinduja College of Nursing
- Government College of Nursing, Thrissur
- Government College of Nursing, Kozhikode
- Father Muller College of Nursing, Karnataka
- College of Nursing - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- BM Birla College of Nursing, West Bengal
- Apollo College of Nursing, Chandigarh