Board of Secondary Education of Orissa has released an official notification for Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) 2017, also known as OTET 2017. Candidates who have qualified the teachers training course or pursuing final year can register for OTET 2017 examination. Only those candidates who qualify OTET examination are eligible to become teachers for Classes 1 to 8 in government and private schools across the state.
- Candidates who are aspiring to apply for OTET 2017 examination must hold Diploma in Elementary Education/ Special Education. These candidates come under Category A. They will be eligible to register for Paper I examination.
- On the other hand, candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Education/ Special Education come under Category B. They are eligible to register for Paper II examination.
OTET 2017 Application Process: -
- The registrations for OTET 2017 began on August 25, 2017.
- Visit the official website of Board of Secondary Education (BSE) Odisha for filling the online application form for OTET.
- Click on the relevant application form link on the homepage.
- Complete the pre-registration and pay the application fee.
- Rs. 300 is the OTET 2017 application fee for SC and ST candidates.
- Rs. 500 is the OTET 2017 application fee for the candidates belonging to General category.
- Online application form opens only after 12 hours of fee payment.
- After 12 hours, use your login credentials to fill the online application form.
- Fill in all the necessary details.
- Select the examination, i.e., Category A or Category B.
- It is important to note that candidates can appear only for one examination.
Important Dates: -
- September 6, 2017, is the deadline to complete the application process for OTET 2017 examination.
- OTET 2017 examination will take place on September 29, 2017.
- Paper I exam will take place in the morning session while Paper II examination will take place in the afternoon session.