Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Bangalore has started its application process for its programmes namely M.Tech in Renewable Energy, M.Tech in Power and Energy Systems Engineering and M.Tech in Energy Science and Technology for the 2018-19 academic session. Each M.Tech programme has 12 seats and the session will start in September 2018.
Find details about the eligibility, admission process, important dates for RGIPT Bangalore M.Tech courses in this article below.
RGIPT Bangalore M.Tech 2018 Important Dates:
|Last Date of Online Application||20th August 2018|
|Declaration of the List of Shortlisted Candidates for Interview||23rd August 2018|
|Interview Dates||30th August, 31st August and 1st Sept 2018|
|Declaration of the first list of Selected Candidates||2nd Sept 2018|
|Last Date to Pay Fees for Confirming Admission||8th Sept 2018|
|M.Tech Program Inauguration & Orientation program||24th Sept 2018|
RGIPT M.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2018 (Regular Category):
- Candidates must have done B.Tech/ B.E. either in Mechanical Engineering/ Petroleum Technology & Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% marks. The pass percentage for the general category is 60% and for reserved category is 50%.
- Candidates who have valid GATE score will be called for the interview depending on the cut-off score for each program.
- However, candidates who do not have a valid GATE score, admission will be on the basis of written exam and interview.
RGIPT M.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2018 (Sponsorship Category):
- Candidates belonging to sponsorship category will not require valid GATE score. Such candidates will be required to appear in subject-wise written test and interview.
- The candidate must have worked for the sponsoring organization for more than two years. They will be required to submit a 'No Objection Certificate' leave approval from the company, providing a guarantee to continue employment during the period of study.
RGIPT M.Tech Application Fee 2018:
The RGIPT application fee for the M.Tech programme is Rs. 400 (general category) and Rs. 200 for reserved category candidates (SC/ST/PwD/Women Applicants)
RGIPT Bangalore M.Tech 2018 Admission Procedure:
- Shortlisted candidates meeting the eligibility criteria will be called for written test and interview at the RGIPT campus in Bengaluru.
- All candidates who will be called for the written test and interview will be reimbursed to and fro fare of sleeper class train.
- Reimbursement for travel by other any other mode shall be limited to class train fare by shortest route.
Important Documents Required:
- GATE Score Card
- Copies of Class 10th, 12th and graduation mark sheets
- Work experience certificate (if any)
- Cast Certificate (if applicable)
- Sponsorship Certificate and Employer Consent (if applicable)
The application process is online and once the candidates have filled the form, the system will generate a PDF life of the application form. Candidates are required to save the copy and take a print out of the same. Any form that is without the application fee will be rejected.