- News byStream
Satellite Devised by PESU Students Launched by ISRO on September 26
On September 26, at 9:12 am, ISRO launched the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle C-35 (PSLV C-35) made by the students of PES University (PESU), Bangalore.
The students had put in a lot of efforts in the making of a PES Imaging Satellite which weighs about 5.25 kg and was carried in the polar synchronous satellite launched by ISRO. The satellite, also known as PISAT was a joint venture of the students belonging from the following colleges:
- PESU, Bangalore
- SKR Engineering College, Chennai
- Sona College of Technology, Salem
- Veltech University, Chennai
- Nehru College of Engineering, Thrissur.
About the project:
The nano satellite has been made with the purpose of releasing satellites in two different orbits. All of this has been planned in such a manner that it will be done using the same rocket.
According to some of the technicians working on the project, the two orbits are at a slight angle to each other yet they are in polar synchronous orbits.
Once the satellite will be in space, it will be taking images from there, keeping India in focus. Prof V Sambasiva Rao, one of the lead members working on the project and former group director at ISRO said that the project has got a very nice response from the institutions and students and the enthusiasm of the students as well as the alumni should be appreciated.
- The idea was initiated back in 2011 and has been developed in consultation with ISRO and was envisioned in 2011.
- The budget of the project stands at Rs. 1.5 crores.
- The satellite underwent various quality checks including card-level testing, interface testing, integrated satellite level testing, calibrating the camera and finalizing parameters.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi appreciated the students and their hard work in a tweet and congratulated them for the success of PISAT.
An official update from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) indicated that a total number of 23 new examination ...
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...