- News byStream
Seventeen Betul Tribal Students Crack NEET
Seventeen students hailing from tribal belt area of Betul district in Madhya Pradesh have cracked the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to get admission in the medical colleges throughout the country.
All these seventeen students studied in government-run tribal schools. This is the highest number of tribal students from one district of the state to have successfully clear the NEET.
In the last four years, there was no student from Betul tribal school to get selected for the medical colleges. We are very happy with the achievements of the students. They have worked hard and the dedication of the students and the teachers of the schools are really praiseworthy. These students were very enthusiastic to perform well at the national-level test. The result of the NEET becomes more important in view of the fact that all the students belong to underprivileged families, said the district collector.
The secret of students' success-
- Of the total 17 students, 10 belong to scheduled tribe community.
- The remaining seven belong to the other backward class community.
- Students cracked the test because the district administration organised study material for the students in their language.
- The district administration arranged study material from Kota based reputed coaching institutes.
- Teachers customised it in their local language as per the need of the students and make them understand.
Students of the government-run school have shown good result in the Joint Entrance Examination(JEE) for admission in engineering colleges, informed Betul district Assistant Commissioner (tribal welfare).
Elated over the achievements of the students now the district administration has set a new target of minimum 100 selections in JEE and minimum 30 selections in NEET in 2017.
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level entrance examination conducted by the All India Council for ...
CAT 2016 was held on 4th Dec 2016 at various cities across India for the first level of selection into IIMs and other ...