The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore has announced that the institute will only give 40 percent weightage to CAT 2016 scores. This is the lowest percentage weightage that will be given to CAT 2016 score among all the IIMs. The CAT 2016 scores are considered for the PGP course for the academic year 2017. The other 60 percent of the total will be awarded to the work experience, academics etc. Even a student who scores 90 percentile can get admission in IIM Bangalore as long as they cover the following requirements.
- Excellent academics
- 3 years of work experience
This decision of IIM Bangalore is unusual as IIM Ahmedabad is going to award 70 percent weightage to CAT 2016 and 30 percent to work experience and academics, while IIM Calcutta will award 56 percent weightage to CAT 2016 in 2016 and 44 percent to academics and work experience. IIM Lucknow will award 10 percent to work experience, 5 percent to academic diversity, 5 percent of gender diversity and 20 percent to academic excellence.
More details on the structure released by IIM Bangalore of PGP for the academic year 2017.
- The management institute will be awarding 60 percent weightage to the academic profile of the student
- Out of the total 60 percent, 20 percent weightage will be given to the class 10 marks obtained by the student
- From the remaining 40 percent of academic profile, 20 percent weightage will be given to class 12 marks acquired by the student
- The remaining 20 percent will be given to the scores scored at the undergraduate level
- For bonus 8 percent, the student must have 3 years of work experience or more
- 2 percent will be given to women students