Unlimited Access to Online Course Modules at a Click
Learn More

Good News for MBA Aspirants: IIM Bangalore to Give Only 40% Weightage to CAT 2016 Scores

Nidhi
NidhiUpdated On: September 27, 2016 | CAT | Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru
A 90 percentile student can get admission in IIM Bangalore with changes implemented by IIM Bangalore.
Good News for MBA Aspirants: IIM Bangalore to Give Only 40% Weightage to CAT 2016 Scores

The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore has announced that the institute will only give 40 percent weightage to CAT 2016 scores. This is the lowest percentage weightage that will be given to CAT 2016 score among all the IIMs. The CAT 2016 scores are considered for the PGP course for the academic year 2017. The other 60 percent of the total will be awarded to the work experience, academics etc. Even a student who scores 90 percentile can get admission in IIM Bangalore as long as they cover the following requirements.

  • Excellent academics
  • 3 years of work experience

Also Read:Revoking 1975 Order, Only Solution for IIM Faculty Quota?

This decision of IIM Bangalore is unusual as IIM Ahmedabad is going to award 70 percent weightage to CAT 2016 and 30 percent to work experience and academics, while IIM Calcutta will award 56 percent weightage to CAT 2016 in 2016 and 44 percent to academics and work experience. IIM Lucknow will award 10 percent to work experience, 5 percent to academic diversity, 5 percent of gender diversity and 20 percent to academic excellence.

Also Read: IIM-Calcutta Hosts Prestigious CEMS Board Meeting

More details on the structure released by IIM Bangalore of PGP for the academic year 2017.

  • The management institute will be awarding 60 percent weightage to the academic profile of the student
  • Out of the total 60 percent, 20 percent weightage will be given to the class 10 marks obtained by the student
  • From the remaining 40 percent of academic profile, 20 percent weightage will be given to class 12 marks acquired by the student
  • The remaining 20 percent will be given to the scores scored at the undergraduate level
  • For bonus 8 percent, the student must have 3 years of work experience or more
  • 2 percent will be given to women students

CAT Previous Year Question Paper

CAT Question Paper 2018 Slot 1

CAT Question Paper 2018 Slot 2

CAT Question Paper 2019 Slot 1

CAT Question Paper 2019 Slot 2

CAT question Paper 2017 f1

CAT question Paper 2017 F2

/news/shocking-decision-made-by-iim-bangalore-regarding-cat-2016-2602/

Be the First to Know

Get Access to Latest Updates

Do you have a question? Ask us.

  • Typical response between 24-48 hours

  • Get personalized response

  • Free of Cost

  • Access to community

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

By proceeding ahead you expressly agree to the CollegeDekho terms of use and privacy policy
Apply Now

Management Related News

Top 10 Management Colleges in India

View All

Know best colleges you can get with your score

Top