Mumbai-based leading b-school, SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, popularly known as SPJIMR, is all set to launch a new management programme titled Programme in Strategic Media & Entertainment Management or PSMEM. The programme has been initiated in partnership and collaboration with the TOI or the Times of India group.
So, if you are one of those candidates who is looking forward to making a career in the field of media and entertainment, you can consider this course for sure.
Features of the Programme in Strategic Media and Entertainment Management:
- An 11-month programme that primarily focuses on creating media professionals who are well versed with the functioning of the media and entertainment industry.
- The programme will be backed by extensive as well as insightful experiences of the eminent industry professionals and the prestigious SPJIMR faculty who have also developed the course structure keeping in mind the traditional and new media.
- The curriculum of the programme has been designed in such a way that it incorporates not only the current requirements but also the future skill set that is imperative to succeed in the media industry.
- The programme will cater to all management subjects such as marketing, finance, human resource, economics from the media and entertainment industry perspective.
- Interestingly, the programme will also include two entrepreneurship modules in the second term to encourage innovations in the entertainment industry as a whole.
- Workshops in the area of creativity and design thinking will also be one of the components of the programme structure, that will make the candidates industry-ready.
Admission Council Members will comprise of the following:
- M G Parameswaran (Ambi), Brand Strategist & Founder of Brand-Building
- Abhinav Chopra, CHRO, Viacom18
- Sameer Pitalwalla, CEO & Co-founder, Culture Machine Media
- Rohit Suri, Chief HR & Talent Officer for South Asia, GroupM
- Sandeep A Varma, Founder & MD, ICOMO Advertising India and a Film Director
- Vikram Sakhuja, Group CEO for Media & OOH, Madison
- Dr. Ashita Aggarwal, Associate Professor & Head of Department of Marketing, SPJIMR, Mumbai.
All these members are hopeful that the programme will turn out to be a fruitful one and will help in meeting the requirements of the media and entertainment industry.