Here is good news for students appearing for Secondary School Certificate (SSC) exam in 2017 from Maharashtra, as the Board has rescheduled the dates of examination again. Now students will get more time to prepare for the examination.
The students will get a long break between Science II, Geography-Economics and History-Civics papers scheduled from March 20 to 22, 2017.
- Science II Paper is scheduled for 20th March 2017
- Geography-Economics paper will be held on 25th March 2017
- History-Civics paper will be on 22th March 2017
The board has now issued a new timetable for the examination. After the feedback from the teachers and students, the timetable has been changed. Now the exam will end on April 1, 2017 instead of the previous March 29, 2017. But no changes have been made to the exam schedule of HSC exam. The exam will begin from February 28, 2017 and concludes on March 25, 2017.
Established under provisions of the Maharashtra Act No. 41 of 1965, Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education is an Autonomous Body that conducts the HSC and SSC Examinations. There are nine divisional boards under it:
The number of students that appear for HSC exam is around 14 Lacs and SSC exam is 17 lacs.
Some of the main functions of the board include:
- To advise the state government on policy matter regarding secondary and higher secondary education
- Prepare detailed syllabus for the secondary and higher secondary education
- To approve the sanctioned textbooks
- Specify the financial policy of the board
- To introduce research and scholarships