- News byStream
'SUK' Exam Department Issues Guidelines to Deliver Results Faster
The university's exam department has issued guidelines to its affiliated colleges for declaring semester exam results soon. The Shivaji University, Kolhapur (SUK) issued a circular on April 7, where principals of respective colleges were asked to send paper evaluators to central assessment programme (CAP) centres.
It added that the names of those teachers trying to avoid exam-related work should be sent to the department. The circular said that action on such faculty members will be taken under the Maharashtra Universities Act, 1994. It also stated that after the paper evaluation work is complete, details of the faculty member's work, including evaluated subject, number of evaluated answer sheets, number of days at the CAP centre etc, should be sent to the university's CAP centre.
A university official said that the exam department has made such provisions to counter the slack attitude of the faculty members. "Teachers cannot take their duties casually as the provisions of paper evaluation strictly mention the required deadline of evaluating papers for a particular subject," the official added.
The exam department was in trouble last month because of an out-of-syllabus question and for declaring out incorrect results. The department is therefore making sure that those mistakes are not repeated again.
"The university's lapses committee has already fined seven faculty members for their sloppy exam related work in the October 2015 exam result. Considering the fact that the March 2016 semester exam has been advanced because of the drought-like situation across the division, the department does not want to get into trouble again with any such mistakes or errors,"
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur
"Respective teachers who have been given exam duties should be relieved of other duties and sent to the CAP centre. Paper evaluation work should be completed within ten days of the papers' arrival and should be the CAP centre's top priority. A list of eligible faculty members should be sent to the exam department. "
- The Circular
The guidelines -
- The respective teachers who have been appointed with examination duties shall be relieved of other duties and should be sent to the CAP centre
- The completion of paper evaluation within 10 days of arrival of papers should be the top priority of the CAP centre.
- Those teachers who are trying to avoid the exam related work, their name should also be sent to the exam department. An action on such faculties would be possible with the Maharashtra Universities act 1994
- After the competition of paper evaluation work, the details of the work of a faculty, such as evaluated subject, number of evaluated answer sheets, number of days worked at CAP centre etc., should also be sent to the university's CAP centre.
Source - Prasad Patil, City Journalist, College Dekho
K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR) has opened its gates for admission to the various MBA ...
Almost every B-School aspirant is worried about the fee structure of MBA courses. If you are preparing for B-School ...