Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Acharya Nagarjuna University in collaboration with National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) will commence Suryamitra Skills Development program in the second week of April. The training will be conducted for a period of 90 days in skills related to producing solar energy. Suryamitra Skill Development Programs are sponsored by Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Govt. of India.
The training is given for the final year electronics and mechanical engineering students of Andhra Pradesh. It is the only University in Andhra Pradesh which provides Suryamitra skills development program as per the directions issued by NISE.
Here are the details of Suryamitra Skills Development Program;
The candidates with the following qualifications are eligible, however, preference will be given to the candidates as indicated below Essential qualification:
- The candidate should be 10+2 pass and not below 18 years.
- Preferable Qualification: The candidates with ITI, Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical and Electronics branches will be preferred.
- Candidates with electrician certificate and experience shall also be preferred.
- During the selection of trainees, special emphasis to be given to the persons coming from the rural background, unemployed youth, women, SC/ST candidates.
- At the end of the course, the proper assessment shall be made and certificates shall be issued.
- The successful candidates shall have vast opportunities for employment in the growing Solar Energy Power project’s installation, operation & maintenance in India and abroad.
- The Suryamitra Program is also designed to prepare the candidates to become new entrepreneurs in Solar Energy sector. Persons with higher qualifications like a degree in any discipline or higher are strictly not eligible.
Interested engineering students of the above-mentioned streams can apply for the training program directly at the university office. A separate department has been set up for the this purpose only.
Source; Sakunth Kumar, City Journalist, CollegeDekho, Vijayawada