The Government of Taiwan has declared a total of 45 scholarships for the students of India. The ‘2019-2020 Taiwan Scholarship Programme’ enables Indian students to pursue either a degree in Masters or a Ph.D. course in the universities of Taiwan. Another short term scholarship by the name of 'Huayu Enrichment Scholarship 2019-2020’ has been announced by the Taiwan Government, under which students can enroll to study the language Mandarin. Interested candidates should send their applications to the Taiwan Embassy in New Delhi latest by 31st March 2019.
Important Documents Required for Taiwan Scholarship Programme 2019-20
All the important documents necessary for applying for the ‘2019-2020 Taiwan Scholarship Programme’ are enlisted below.
- Application form of the Taiwan Scholarship.
- A copy of the passport or any other nationality certificate of the applicant.
- A copy of the highest academic degree of the candidate which has the statement of marks for all the subjects. In case the percentage is not mentioned on the transcript, the candidate is required to write the ranking and percentage on the back side of the copy of their transcript. If the documents are issued by any international educational institutions then their authentication must be done by a Representative Office from overseas or they must be sealed and transported by the institutions that had awarded them. The documents that are in a language other than English or Chinese must first be translated into either English or Chinese and then be authenticated.
- A copy of the admission application materials to the colleges or universities in Taiwan. For example, application form, copies of application fee payment, receipt of application from colleges/universities etc.
- A copy of a certificate of language proficiency is also required. For the applications which do not entail all English programmes, the candidate must attach a copy of the certificate or results of the ‘Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language’ (TOCFL) of Level 3 or above. For the applications to programmes which are all in English, an attached copy of the test score of TOEFL or any other recognised exam or degree in English language proficiency is a must. The MOE will recognise all the applicants for English programmes.
- Two letters of reference from professors, principals or supervisors. They must be signed by the concerned authorities and sealed in an envelope. No photocopies or emails will be considered. The letter has to be original.
Important Documents Required for Huayu Enrichment Scholarship 2019-2020
The documents necessary to be sent for the 'Huayu Enrichment Scholarship 2019-2020 are given below.
- The complete Huayu Enrichment Scholarship 2019-2020 application form.
- A photocopy of the candidate’s passport or any other nationality certificate.
- A photocopy of the candidate’s highest level diploma or his/her complete grade statement.
- Application material to support admission, like the copy of the application form to any recognised Mandarin Centre.
Interested candidates should send their applications to the Taiwan Embassy in New Delhi latest by 31st March 2019.