- News byStream
Tata Innovative Fellowship -2015-16
Applications are invited for “Tata Innovation Fellowship”, a highly competitive scheme instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to recognize and reward scientists with outstanding track record in biological sciences and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
• The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 55 years as on 21st November, 2015. The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in his organization.
• The applicant should possess a Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary, Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology / related areas.
• The candidate must have a regular permanent position in a University/Institute/Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
• The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
• Evidence of outstanding track record and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
• The amount of the fellowship is Rs. 25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute. If an awardee is receiving salary from international organization, he will be entitled for research grant i.e. contingency only.
• In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of ongoing research project under the fellowship.
• The Tata Innovation Fellows would be eligible for other regular research grant(s)
For more information visit www.dbtindia.nic.in
The last for application 21st November, 2015.
HOD of Mathematics at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-Madras), M. Thamban Nair will be receiving the B.K. ...
Every IIM has its individual method and cut-offs for selecting students for the various management programmes it ...