- News byStream
Telangana Govt. Plans to Scrap TS EAMCET for Engineering Admissions
The government of Telangana is planning to scrap TS EAMCET for engineering admissions from the academic year 2017. For this purpose, the government has recommended a committee to study possibilities for scrapping EAMCET (Engineering) examination.
Reasons to Scrap TS EAMCET (Engineering): -
- There are 275 engineering colleges in Telangana, and only a few colleges are enrolling 100% admissions.
- Ever year, 60-65% engineering seats are lying vacant.
- The number of students pursuing intermediate is increasing every year and the number of candidates appearing for EAMCET has been decreasing.
- Most of the parents are willing to admit their children in deemed universities. Deemed universities conduct separate entrance test for the admission to engineering courses.
- Even though most of the students are appearing for EAMCET, the number of students attending certificates verification and counselling is less.
So far, the students have been allotted engineerings seats according to the marks they secure in EAMCET and intermediate (+2). For instance, if a student gets zero marks in EAMCET, he/she will be allotted engineering seat as per his/her marks in intermediate. The standards in education are deteriorating due to the weightage policy followed by the government.
Some of the experts were of the opinion that the government has to introduce JEE (Main) examination for the admission to engineering courses. States like Odisha, Madhya Pradesh and others are conducting admissions as per national level examination, i.e., JEE (Main).
The decision regarding scraping EAMCET (Engineering) will be taken as early as possible as the registration for JEE (Main) examination will conclude on January 2, 2017.
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) for December session, in its pen-paper mode, was successfully conducted on Sunday, ...
Not very long ago the CBSE had announced that class 12 marks will not be evaluated in the selection process through ...