- News byStream
'Udaan' Scheme by CBSE to Help Girls Take Admission in IITs and NITs
In India, out of the 48 percent of females of the total population, only 8.15 percent females are graduates. To increase this percentage, Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE) has come up with a scheme to help girls take admission in the famous IITs, NITs etc. The scheme is called ‘Udaan’ and is set up solely to promote girl education in India. This scheme will help girls by providing free coaching, scholarships and much more.
CBSE is targeting IITs and NITs because out of the total percentage of students enrolled there, only 27 percent are females which is sad. IITs and NITs being the most upgraded and famous institutes in India, it is hard to get admission in these colleges and it is harder for female students owing to competition. But according to reports almost 5000 girls have applied through Udaan Scheme in Kerala.
- This scheme has been introduced by CBSE.
- Its main aim is to promote engineering education among girls.
- This scheme will help girl students take admission in top engineering institutes like IITs and NITs.
- CBSE will provide training at the zonal level to engineering aspirants and will also provide online coaching facilities.
- Udaan scheme will provide a scholarship to 1000 girls who are not privileged enough to afford education.
- Girl students from class 9 to class 12 will be given coaching in Science and Mathematics.
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
Speaking in the Lok Sabha, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said that there will be no shortage of funds for either of ...
Law is one of the most popular recession-free fields as the legal work never stops regardless of the economic climate ...