UGC Approves Job Oriented Courses from India Culture
In a move to create more job opportunities University Grants Commission (UGC) has approved several job-oriented courses associated with Indian culture and traditions.
Karam Kand, Vedic mathematics, yoga, astrology and Vidyapati Sangeet to name a few. Besides that UGC, has also approved certificate and diploma courses in performing arts, Telugu folk performing art forms, Yakshagana and drama and Temple Tourism.
Some of the few courses which the colleges are following are-
• Karma Kand is the study of performing rituals as per Hindu traditions by chanting mantras in Sanskrit. The colleges that have introduced these courses are in Deoria, Kushinagar and Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh.
• Vedic mathematics has been approved by a college in Porbandar, Gujarat.
• Jyotish Shastra (astrology) has been approved in a Varanasi college.
• Temple Tourism has been introduced by colleges in Madurai.
• Yoga, Mental Health and Health Management are being offered colleges in Punjab's Fazilka, Chandigarh and Kerala's Thrissur.
• Holistic Yoga Therapy has been approved in a college in Ernakulum in Kerala.
• Vidyapati Sangeet is a folk song form popular in Darbhanga and Madhubani in Bihar and the course is being offered by a college in Bihar.
• Translation Skills in Arabic and English, as well as courses in Arabic for Tours and Travels, in Darul Uloom Arabic College, Malappuram, Kerala.