Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Applications are invited by the University of Calcutta, Kolkata for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Zoology in the department of Zoology, Ph.D Science in Department of Electronic Science and Ph.D in Commerce in department of commerce for the academic session 2016.
For all the details pertaining to the eligibility criteria the candidates can visit the official website of the university.
- Ph.D in Zoology: The candidates can download the application form from the website of C.U. and submit the filled in application forms at the office of the Department of Zoology after paying Rs.100/- at the C.U. cash counter. The form and the challan must bear the signature of the Head, Department of Zoology.
- Ph.D in Commerce: The candidates need to submit the filled in application forms to the Head, Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta after making a payment of Rs.100/- in cash at the Calcutta University cash counter by challan.
- The selection of the candidates for the Ph.D Zoology program would be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance test conducted by the university. Those candidates who have qualified M.Phil./NET/GATE in any branch of Life Sciences are exempted from the entrance test and need to appear only in the interview.
- Selection of the non-NET/SET/SLET/M.Phil/M.Tech candidates for Ph.D in Commerce would be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance test conducted by the university.
- Those candidates who have qualified UGC-CSIR (JRF) NET/GATE/SET teacher fellowship or passed the M.Phil/ M.Tech/ Equivalent examination are exempted from the entrance test for Ph.D in Science and only have to appear in the interview.
Ph.D in Zoology
- The application form need to be submitted latest by: Thursday, February 25, 2016.
- Written Examination would be held on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016.
- Interview would be held on: Wednesday, March 09, 2016.
Ph.D in Science
- The application form need to be submitted by: Friday, February 26, 2016.
- Written Examination would be held on: Monday, March 07, 2016.
- Interview would be held on: Thursday, March 17, 2016.
Ph.D in Commerce
- Application need to be submitted latest by: Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
- Written test would be held on: Wednesday, April 06, 2016.
- List of successful candidates would be published on: Friday, April 22, 2016.
- Interview would be held on: Friday, April 29, 2016.