The University of Hyderabad is one of the most prestigious institutes of the country, known for their postgraduate and research programmes in the country. It was established in the year 1974 as a central university. The university offers various postgraduate programmes, research programmes in several major such as social sciences, science, fine arts, management, humanities and performing arts. Given below are important details of University of Hyderabad Admissions and Entrance Exams 2018 such as important dates and events, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, application fee and others.
University of Hyderabad Admission Important Dates and Events 2018
|Commencement of Online Application||5 April 2018|
|Last Date for Online Application||5 May 2018|
|Release of Hall Ticket||22 May 2018|
|UoH Entrance Examinations||1- 5 June 2018|
|Declaration of Results||2nd week of June 2018|
University of Hyderabad MBA Eligibility Criteria 2018:
- The university will consider CAT 2017 score admission into the MBA specializations offered by the university.
- Therefore, a candidate must have a valid CAT 2017 score for the admission.
University of Hyderabad M.SC/ M.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2018:
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 60% marks with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the main subjects or 55% aggregate in BA/ B.Sc (Hons.) in Statistics or Mathematics
- Written Test conducted is conducted by the university for admission to programmes such as Mathematics/ Mathematics Applied, M.Sc Physics, Molecular Biology, Information Technology, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Medical Biotechnology.
- For various programmes like Biotechnology admission is on the basis of CEEB test conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.)
- For the integrated M.Tech programme, JEE Main score is considered followed by counselling.
University of Hyderabad M.A. Eligibility Criteria 2018:
- A bachelor’s degree is mandatory with minimum 50% of marks in aggregate for specializations such as English, Philosophy, Telugu, History, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics Comparative Literature, Urdu, Political Science, and Applied Linguistics.
- For M.A. in communication bachelor’s degree with 55% marks in Communication / Journalism.
- For M.A in Hindi bachelor’s degree with 40% as a minimum aggregate is required
University of Hyderabad M.Phil/PhD Eligibility Criteria 2018:
- M.Phil applicants must have a master’s degree in relevant subject with minimum 55% in aggregate.
- Ph.D. applicants must have 60 % aggregate in master’s and the university will conduct the interviews for the same and will also consider JRF qualification.
University of Hyderabad Reservation Criteria:
|Reservation Category||Reservation Percentage|
|Person with Disabilities||5%|
|Dependents of Defence Personnel||Up to 5%|
University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam Admit Card 2018:
Candidates can download the admit cards for their respective entrance tests from the official website of the UoH. The admit card will be available from 22 May 2018. Apart from the admit card candidates must carry a valid ID proof to the examination hall. UoH admits card contains all the information such as :
- Name of the Candidates
- Exam Centre
- Subject Code
- Exam Venue Details
- Photo and Signature of the Candidate
- General Instructions
University of Hyderabad Entrance Test Results 2018:
The result of the entrance tests will be declared in the second week of June 2018 on the university's official website. Candidates can check their result online and can download their scorecard for further use during the time of admission and PI rounds.