The University of Mumbai has started the online application process for Ph.D./M.Phil Entrance Test which will be held on 23rd December 2018. Interested candidates can fill the application form in online mode on the official website of the university. Before filling the application form candidates are advised to carefully check the eligibility criteria.
Important Events and Dates for University of Mumbai PET 2018
Interested candidates can check the important dates of Mumbai University Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) 2018 here -
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Last Date for Acceptance of Online Applications||November 23, 2018|
|Availability of Admit Cards||December 15, 2018|
|PET Entrance Test 2018||December 23, 2018|
Application Fee for University of Mumbai PET 2018
The application fee for the University of Mumbai Ph.D./M.Phil is Rs.1,000 for general category whereas for SC/ST/PwD candidates the application fee is Rs.500.
How to Apply for University of Mumbai PET 2018?
Follow the steps mentioned below to submit an online application form for Mumbai University PET 2018 -
- Candidates will have to visit the official website and click on the link - Apply Online.
- Candidates will be required to enter all the necessary details and choose the subject for their Ph.D. Save and proceed to complete the online registration process.
- A system generated login ID and password will appear on your computer screen. Download the same and take a printout of it for future reference.
- Candidates are advised to check all the information as no information can be edited once candidates have taken out the printout of the application form.
- Enter the system generated login ID and password to fill the PET 2018 application form.
- Candidates will be required to enter their post-graduation details and graduation details.
- Candidates will have to upload their latest Passport size photograph and signature. The image should be in jpg or jpeg format only and the size should not be more than 50 kb.
- Click on ‘choose file’ to select the image from the location where it is saved on the system.
- Once the form is approved click on the payment link.
- Make the payment and take a printout of the same.
- Similarly, candidates can take a print out of application for future reference.
Candidates appearing in the final semester examination of the master's programme of the concerned faculty can appear in PET 2018. However, the results of such candidates will be considered valid only if they meet the other eligibility criteria. The PET 2018 results will be announced immediately after the examination.
The University of Mumbai was earlier known as the University of Bombay. It is one of the oldest universities in the country and was established in the year 1857. It has two campuses and offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and diploma courses in the field of arts, commerce, fine arts, management, science etc.