Uttarakhand’s Also Part of NEET Now

Nidhi
NidhiPublished On: June 24, 2016
As per the Supreme Court’s order, the Uttarakhand Department of Medical Education (UDME) will give admission to students into MBBS and BDS progr
Uttarakhand’s Also Part of NEET Now

As per the Supreme Court’s order, the Uttarakhand Department of Medical Education (UDME) will give admission to students into MBBS and BDS programs through NEET-National Eligibility Entrance Test from this academic year only.
The UDME has discarded the UPMT otherwise known as Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test which was supposed to take place on 15th May this year i.e. 2016. This news was announced by HNB Uttarakhand Medical Education University. HNB Uttarakhand Medical Education University is the conducting body of the Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test.

The curriculum followed by Uttarakhand School is based on the CBSE pattern and that is why the students will not have a hard time qualifying NEET.
A press meet was organised on this occasion and the Principal Secretary of the Department of Medical Education, Om Prakash explained the situation and said that the state of Uttarakhand will follow the Supreme Court’s order to facilitate admissions to MBBS and BDS courses through NEET from this current academic session.

Admissions to state quota seats which are 85% in medical and dental colleges of Uttarakhand will be filled through NEET scores. The rest of the 15% seats are under India quota.

About NEET:
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST as the names suggest is a national level eligibility entrance exam. It is conducted for admission into medical and dental courses and it is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.
CBSE only has the responsibility of conducting the examination, declaring All India Rank and is also has the responsibility of announcing the result.

Get Help From Our Expert Counsellors

/news/uttarakhands-also-part-of-neet-now-3770/

Be the First to Know

Get Access to Latest Updates

Do you have a question? Ask us.

  • Typical response between 24-48 hours

  • Get personalized response

  • Free of Cost

  • Access to community

Admission Updates for 2020

Admission Updates for 2020

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

By proceeding ahead you expressly agree to the CollegeDekho terms of use and privacy policy
Apply Now

Medical Related News

Top 10 Medical Colleges in India

View All

Join us and get exclusive education updates & notifications.