- News byStream
20th All India Moot Court Competition being Organized
The (20th) XX All India Moot Court Competition is being organized by University Law College, Bangalore. The venue of the event is the University Law College, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
Important Dates for 20th Moot Court Competition:
|Provisional online registration||January 2, 2016|
|Clariofication of Problem||January 7, 2016|
|Clarification||January 10, 2016|
|Submission of memorial soft copy online||January 26, 2016|
|Submission of memorial hard copy + Registration form||January 30, 2016|
|Announcement of Selected Memorials||February 1st week, 2016|
|20th All India Moot Court Competition||February 26 - 28, 2016|
All the participating teams need to send a scanned copy of the Registration Form that is duly signed by the head of the participating institution by mail latest by 11:59 pm of 2nd January 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for 20th Moot Court Competition:
Undergraduate students pursuing 3 or 5 year courses of L.L.B degree in the academic session 2015-16 from any Law school/ College/ University recognized by the Bar Council of India can participate.
Composition of the team
- Each team can comprise of minimum two and maximum three members per institution and the participation is subject to registration formalities.
- Each team can have either two speakers or two speakers and one researcher.
- Each team needs to prepare one memorial each for the petitioner and the respondent(s).
- If there is any additional member then he/she would not be entitled for hospitality or for any award. Such a member would not be allowed to watch any of the rounds of the competition.
Each team shall be given a team code and each participant of the team shall be given an individual unique code.
- The teams are not allowed to disclose their identities or that of their institution or city except in the registration form. Any such disclosure would incur stringent penalty that might include disqualification. The organizers would have the sole discretion of the same for the decision.
The memorial exchange
- An exchange of memorials shall take place between the respective opposing teams prior to all the rounds of the competition.
- No marks should be made by any team on the exchanged memorials.
- No team can make any copies of the exchanged memorials.
- Once the rounds are completed the teams are required to return the exchanged memorials to the Court Assistants/Clerk where the round is conducted.
Awards for 20th Moot Court Competition:
There would be a winning team and runners-up team. Best memorial would be judged on the basis of the cumulative marks of both the memorials submitted. Best researcher award would be given to the researcher securing highest marks. There would also be a Best Student Advocate award.
Clarifications for 20th Moot Court Competition:
All the clarifications on the moot problem should be requested by 6th January, 2016. The clarifications should only be submitted via e-mail. No other mode of communication would be entertained.
Professor Abhay Karandikar of IIT-Bombay, started a project on optimizing the cost of internet and providing the ...
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year for technical and science graduates who seek ...