Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The chief minister of Jharkhand Mr. Raghubar Das approved 38 Degree colleges to be set up in 35 constituencies of the state. He approved it which was proposed in the state budget. It has been noted that the 35 constituencies in the state do not have the education up to degree level. So, the proposal has been made to the government through the budget and the CM has accepted it.
The government is planning to set up more colleges in constituencies by 2022. Apart from these 38 colleges, three more colleges will be set up in other regions of the state.
The government has given direction to the deputy commissioners of the constituencies to allot lands for the construction of these colleges. The colleges will be affiliated to the following universities:-
- Five colleges will be affiliated to Ranchi University.
- Ten colleges will be affiliated to Vinoba Bhave University.
- Eight colleges will be affiliated to Sidhu-Kanhu University.
- Six colleges will be affiliated to Nilambar Pitambar University.
- Five colleges will be affiliated to Kohan University.
It is really an outstanding initiative taken by the government to promote higher education. The students of these 35 constituencies had to travel long distance for higher education.