On 18th October’ 16, a pre-event of the Investors Summit was organised and the main summit will take place in the month of January 2017. The pre-event which took place in Gujarat was a conclave on higher education. All the dignitaries and ministers who participated in the event discussed the issue of higher education in detail. Even Prakash Javadekar, Human Resources Development Minister participated via video chat as his injury did not allow him to travel.
The event was a success as a lot of workable solutions came out from the discussion and the biggest success was that 5 memorandums of understanding (MoU) were signed at the event.
The MoUs were signed in the esteemed presence of over 200 national and international delegates.
- The MoU between School of Governance Law and Urban Development Saxion University of Applied Science Netherlands and Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management was to promote the exchange of teachers and students.
- The MoU between Embassy of Denmark of New Delhi and Gujarat Knowledge Society was signed to collaborate and perform research activities.
- The Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat (KCG) and British Council joined hands to amplify the employability skills.
- NASSCOM and GTU came together to provide professional training to students.
- And the collaboration between Schulich School of Business York University, Canada and Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) was to promote exchange teachers and students and join forces to do groundbreaking research.