- News byStream
80% of Indian Engineering Graduates Incapable of Getting a Job, says NER
According to National Employability Report (NER) of Aspiring Minds, around 80% of our Engineering graduates, lack the skiils required for getting placement in a company.
The report is based on 1,50,00 Engineering students of more than 650 Engineering colleges from different parts of the India. These students are the graduates of 2014.
Key findings of the report:
- Lack of adequate domain knowledge is the key reason for low employability in both sotware & non-software domains
- Very few engineers want to work with start-ups
- Employment outcomes depend on the grades of the student, thereby creating the largest bias by colleges
Director of Aspiring Minds, Mr, Varun Agrawal says, today for maximum students Engineering has became just a graduation degree. Although with the improvement in Education Parameters its is necesaary that we plan our undergraduate programme in such a way that it becomes a job ready degree.
- According to the report, the institutes of Delhi are giving the highest number of Engineers which are compatible for job and then comes Bengaluru
- The percentile for job efficacy is equal for both males & females. Although for Business analyst Non IT, Associate ITeS BPO, Content Development, females seems more suitable
- Report also figured out some interesting facts like the small cities are giving qualified students in a good number which can not be ignored according to placement view point
The sessional programme must be made highly skilled to match the requirements of job market.
Source: Kshama, City Journalist - Raipur, CollegeDekho
Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Mehbooba Mufti has appointed Vice-Chancellors for the Cluster University in ...
Placement season is at its peak in India with colleges conducting placement drives. Organizations from various domains ...