Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The University of Burdwan invites applications for admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Tourism Management for the session 2016-2017
Salient Features of the Programme:-
- Approved by UGC and AICTE
- Renowned faculty members with research and industry experience
- Updated and industry-oriented course curriculum
- Excellent placement record
- Regular and continuous interaction with industry experts
- State-of-the-art Computation Lab with Internet facility
- Air-conditioned conference hall and classrooms equipped with the latest teaching aids
- Programme Duration is 2 years
Regular Honours graduate from any government recognised University with 50% marks in Arts, Commerce, Science, and in any other branches of Social Science in the 10+2+3 pattern or Graduate in Engineering, Technology, Medicine, Pharmacy and Agriculture having a valid CMAT / MAT / CAT / XAT and GMAT score card.
How To Apply-
Applications in prescribed form to be downloaded from the website of the University of Burdwan (www.buruniv.ac.in), on and from 18/01/2016 to 10/02/2016, are invited for admission to the 2-year Masters of Business Administration (Tourism) Course of Studies (academic session 2016-2017). The downloaded application form must accompany
a) A Demand Draft of Rs. 150/- (Rupees one hundred fifty only) in favour of the "Finance Officer, The University of Burdwan", payable at State Bank of India, Burdwan University Branch, or a Cash Challan, obtained on depositing Rs. 150/- in the University Cash Counter at Rajbati.
b) Self-attested photocopies of mark sheets of all the public examinations passed and age proof certificate,
c) Self attested photocopy of the valid CMAT / MAT / CAT / XAT and GMAT score card held by them.
d) Self-attested Photocopies of the Certificates of SC / ST / OBC / DA / Sports, if applicable, while the candidate intends to claim reservation under Government rules ( Reservation as per Govt. rules.).
Selection of candidates for admission to the Master of Business Administration (Tourism) programme will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained in Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The Group Discussion & Personal Interview test will be conducted by the Department of Tourism Management at Burdwan University.
The list of the candidates selected to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be displayed on 16/02/2016 at the Office of the Secretary, F.C. (Arts) and will also be available on the university website.
- Last Date of submission of filled Application Form in the Office of the Secretary, Faculty Council (Arts, etc.): 10th February 2016.
- Publication of the list of selected candidates for Group Discussion & Personal Interview: 16th February 2016.
- Group Discussion & Personal Interview test will be held on 24th February 2016.
- The final list of selected candidates will be notified on 26th February 2016.
Date of admission:
1st March 2016 and 2nd March 2016 from 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. in the Department of Tourism Management at Composite Arts Building, Golapbag, Burdwan University (B.U.), Burdwan.
For more information please visit the website of the university.
Source: Soutrik Das, City Journalist - Kolkata, CollegeDekho