- News byStream
Admission Notice - Calcutta University Announces Admission for Ph.D. (Tech.) Programme (RET 2016)
Calcutta University has announced admissions for Ph.D. (Tech.) Programme (RET 2016).The course is open to any student who has completed his/ her PG with the following eligibility criteria:
The eligibility of the candidate will be as per UGC rules.
- Candidates having degree in Bachelor of Technology or Master of Science (without NET/SET/SLET/GATE) securing 55% marks (selection through Entrance Test & Interview);
- Candidates having degree in Master of Technology or Equivalent or Master of Science (with NET/SET/SLET/GATE) securing 55% marks
- Selection through Interview only
Total Number of Seats: 11
- Ceramic Engg – 04
- Petrochem. & Petroleum Refinery Engg – 01
- Oil Technology - 03
- Pharmaceutical & Fine Chemical Tech. – 03
Reservation in admission shall strictly abide by the West Bengal State Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.
How to Apply:
All candidates are requested to download the Application Form from the university website and to submit the filled up Application Form, Attested copy of relevant mark sheets, along with the receipt of deposition of Application Fee within the due date to the Head, Department of Chemical Technology, 92 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata – 700009.
Entrance Test & Interview:
- The Ph.D. Entrance test will be of 50 marks (duration 1 hr.) consisting of both Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and short questions
- The Syllabus for the Entrance Test and subsequent list of the successful candidates will be available in the Departmental Notice Board (near the room of the HOD, Ground floor, Applied Chemistry Building)
- For Entrance Test: Departmental Seminar Room ( 2nd floor, Applied Chemistry Building)
- The successful candidates will have to appear for an interview for final selection
- Interview will be held in the room of the HOD, Department of Chemical Technology (Ground Floor, Applied Chemistry Building)
- Declaration of names of selected candidates to be notified later (subject to approval by the Honorable Vice Chancellor)
- No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidate for appearing the Entrance Test or called for the interview
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||6th February, 2016|
|Date of Entrance Test||12th February, 2016 (12:00 Noon)|
|Publication of the list of successful Candidates||Display in the Notice Board|
|Date of Interview||25th February, 2016 (2 p.m. onwards)|
|Publication of the sucessful candidates in Interview||Dates to be announced|
|Commencement of the programme:||Date to be announced|
For downloading the admission form and to know about any further details please visit the university's official website.
Source: Soutrik Das, City Journalist - Kolkata, CollegeDekho
In a jolt to the ad-hoc teachers' community, the Delhi University's Scrutiny Committee has rejected the ...
Got a CAT percentile below 90? Well, it’s not the end of the world! There are a lot of good colleges apart from ...