- News byStream
Admission Notice-IIT Indore invites applications for PhD 2016
Applications are invited by the Indian Institute of Technology, Indore for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in School of Engineering, School of Humanities and Social Sciences and School of Basic Sciences for the academic session 2016.
PhD in School of Humanities and Social Sciences Program
- Candidates need to have at least a first class master degree in the concerned discipline of HSS with UGC –JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship. Or
- The candidate needs to have a first class in the course work component (if any) of the M.Phil degree in the concerned discipline of HSS. Or
- The candidate must have a B.Tech from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with a minimum CPI of 8.0. Or
- The candidate must have a minimum first class master degree in Science/ Engineering/Social Sciences/ International Business with UGC-JRF qualification or UGC-NET or CSIR-NET or equivalent fellowship.
PhD in School of Engineering Program
- The candidate must have a minimum of first class master degree in the relevant discipline of the Engineering/Technology. Or
- The candidate must have a minimum first class bachelor degree in the relevant Engineering/Technology discipline from a reputed institute with a valid Gate score. Or
- The candidate must have a B.Tech degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with a minimum CPI of 8.0. Or
- The candidate must have a first class master degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a valid GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship.
- Application can be made online.
- Once the eligible candidate has submitted the application online he/she has to bring the signed hard-copy of the application along with the State Bank Collect Receipt, recent photograph, self-attested relevant Certificates, (For SW candidates: No objection certificate, Experience certificate, last three months’ salary slip and employer’s PAN card) during the written test/interview.
The selection of the candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria would be done strictly on the basis of the written test and/or interview.
Following are the last dates for applying online
- PhD in CSE: Friday, March 04, 2016.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering: Wednesday, March 02, 2016.
- PhD in School of Humanities and Social Sciences: Tuesday, April 05, 2016.
- PhD in School of Basic Sciences: Wednesday, April 20, 2016.
Written test and/or Interview would be held on:
- PhD in CSE: Monday, March 07, 2016.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering: Saturday, March 05 to Sunday, March 06, 2016.
For more information you can visit the website of the institute.
Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Mehbooba Mufti has appointed Vice-Chancellors for the Cluster University in ...
Placement season is at its peak in India with colleges conducting placement drives. Organizations from various domains ...