- News byStream
Admission Notice- IIT Roorkee Announces Admission for PHD Programme 2016
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee has opened its gates for students interested for admission to full time/part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in various departments for the session 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT, Roorkee:
- Master's degree in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded, for the general (UR) category and qualified national level graduate entrance test: GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET or equivalent.
- B.Tech/ B.Arch degree or equivalent in respective discipline from CFTIs with excellent academic record (with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 75% marks) with GATE.
- Application forms are available on the official website of the University.
- Application fee: Rs. 200/- for Gen/OBC and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD category candidates in any branch of State Bank of India throughout the country through downloaded bank challan form.
- Candidates should take the print out of the filled online application with the candidate’s signature, downloaded IITR copy of bank challan and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate places is sent to the PG Admissions Office, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee - 247 667, Uttarakhand along with necessary documents.
Selection Procedure for IIT, Roorkee:
- Written test and interview conducted by the institute.
Application forms are available online from: Tuesday, February 09, 2016.
Last date for applying online: Monday, February 29, 2016.
Last date for deposit of application fee: Wednesday, March 02, 2016.
Last date for receiving of downloaded application form: Thursday, March 04, 2016.
Trishneet Arora is the living example who has proved that learning doesn’t stop at school and dreams can be ...
One of the most severe problems in the education systems of India is the gender disparity at educational institutions ...