- News byStream
Admission Notice- IIT Roorkee Announces Admission for PHD Programme 2016
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee has opened its gates for students interested for admission to full time/part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in various departments for the session 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT, Roorkee:
- Master's degree in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded, for the general (UR) category and qualified national level graduate entrance test: GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET or equivalent.
- B.Tech/ B.Arch degree or equivalent in respective discipline from CFTIs with excellent academic record (with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 75% marks) with GATE.
- Application forms are available on the official website of the University.
- Application fee: Rs. 200/- for Gen/OBC and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD category candidates in any branch of State Bank of India throughout the country through downloaded bank challan form.
- Candidates should take the print out of the filled online application with the candidate’s signature, downloaded IITR copy of bank challan and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate places is sent to the PG Admissions Office, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee - 247 667, Uttarakhand along with necessary documents.
Selection Procedure for IIT, Roorkee:
- Written test and interview conducted by the institute.
Application forms are available online from: Tuesday, February 09, 2016.
Last date for applying online: Monday, February 29, 2016.
Last date for deposit of application fee: Wednesday, March 02, 2016.
Last date for receiving of downloaded application form: Thursday, March 04, 2016.
Vinod Gupta is the ex-CEO of leading American companies like Infofree.com, infoGROUP and DatabaseUSA.com. He has also ...
Got a CAT percentile below 90? Well, it’s not the end of the world! There are a lot of good colleges apart from ...