- News byStream
Admission Notice-IIT,Guwahati Open for Admissions'16
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati is open for admission to their following programs for the academic year 2016.
- Master of Arts (M.A)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- Master of Science (MS) by Research
- Dual degree M.Tech+Ph.D of the department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Dual M.S.(Eng.) + Ph.D of the Dept. of Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Who can Apply:
- For M.A Program:
- Candidate should have bachelor’s (10+2+3) degree (major/honours) or equivalent from a recognized university, in any discipline, with a minimum of 50% marks or 5.5 CPI in a 10-point scale (a minimum 45% marks or 5.0 CPI in a 10-point scale for SC/ST/PwD candidates) in major/honours only.
- Candidates not having major/honours programs, must have the concerned degree with a minimum 50% aggregate marks or 5.5 CPI in a 10-point scale (a minimum 45% aggregate marks or 5.0 CPI in a 10-point scale for SC/ST/PwD category candidates).
- For M.Tech Program:
- Candidate must have secured minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks or first class in the B.Tech degree.
- All regular category candidates (except those having B.Tech degrees from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 7.0) must possess a valid score of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- For MDes Program: Candidates should have 4-year bachelors’ degree or equivalent in Design, Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design or a Design related field.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online through University’s official website.
Who will be Selected:
- For M.Tech/M.Des Programs: Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written test, interview, counseling conducted by the institute. If required, based on performance in GATE/CEED, grades/marks in the qualifying examination, etc.
- For Ph.D Programs: Selection will be done on the basis of written test and/or interview/portfolio review. If required, based on performance in GATE/NET/CEED/INSPIRE, grades/marks in the qualifying examination, etc.
- For Dual degree Programs: Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written test and/or interview, if required, based on performance in GATE, grades/marks in the qualifying examination, etc.
Date to Remember:
- Last date for submitting application through online portal: Monday, April 11, 2016.
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has offered scholarships to thirty graduating students of Indian ...
One of the biggest confusion after appearing for B-school entrance exams is the evaluation procedure. There is a void ...