Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati is open for admission to their following programs for the academic year 2016.
- Master of Arts (M.A)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- Master of Science (MS) by Research
- Dual degree M.Tech+Ph.D of the department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Dual M.S.(Eng.) + Ph.D of the Dept. of Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Who can Apply:
- For M.A Program:
- Candidate should have bachelor’s (10+2+3) degree (major/honours) or equivalent from a recognized university, in any discipline, with a minimum of 50% marks or 5.5 CPI in a 10-point scale (a minimum 45% marks or 5.0 CPI in a 10-point scale for SC/ST/PwD candidates) in major/honours only.
- Candidates not having major/honours programs, must have the concerned degree with a minimum 50% aggregate marks or 5.5 CPI in a 10-point scale (a minimum 45% aggregate marks or 5.0 CPI in a 10-point scale for SC/ST/PwD category candidates).
- For M.Tech Program:
- Candidate must have secured minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks or first class in the B.Tech degree.
- All regular category candidates (except those having B.Tech degrees from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 7.0) must possess a valid score of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- For MDes Program: Candidates should have 4-year bachelors’ degree or equivalent in Design, Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design or a Design related field.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online through University’s official website.
Who will be Selected:
- For M.Tech/M.Des Programs: Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written test, interview, counseling conducted by the institute. If required, based on performance in GATE/CEED, grades/marks in the qualifying examination, etc.
- For Ph.D Programs: Selection will be done on the basis of written test and/or interview/portfolio review. If required, based on performance in GATE/NET/CEED/INSPIRE, grades/marks in the qualifying examination, etc.
- For Dual degree Programs: Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written test and/or interview, if required, based on performance in GATE, grades/marks in the qualifying examination, etc.
Date to Remember:
- Last date for submitting application through online portal: Monday, April 11, 2016.