National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM), Sonepat is open for admission to their Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in the following fields for the academic year 2016.
- Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
- Basics & Applies Sciences
- Food Engineering
- Food Business Management & Entrepreneurship
- Food Science and Technology
Who can Apply:
- Candidates should have master’s degree in a relevant discipline with at least 60% marks. Preference in given to NET qualified candidates.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Candidates should the duly send printed copy of the application along with fee in DD to "Head Admission Cell".
Who will be Selected:
- Candidates have to appear for the Research Entrance Test (RET) to be organized by NIFTEM at NIFTEM campus, Kundili, followed by interview for the candidates who qualify RET.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of RET (70% weightage) and interview (30% weightage).
- Due weightage will be given to NET/GATE qualified candidates.
Date to Remember:
- Last date for submission of application: Monday, June 20, 2016.
About the Institute:
The National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) is a newly established public institution for research, education and catering the need of various stakeholders, e.g. entrepreneurs, food processing industry, exporters, policy makers and government policy. The NIFTEM is being set up by Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Government of India at HSIIDC Industrial Estate, Kundli in Sonipat district of Haryana which comes under Delhi NCR. Shri Ajit Kumar, Ex-Indian Administrative Service officer, is the director cum vice chancellor of this institute.