- News byStream
Admission Notice-NIT, Silchar Invites Applications for MBA Programs 2016
Applications are invited by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar for admission to 2 years Master of Business Administration (MBA) program in the fields of Marketing, Finance and Human Resource for the academic session 2016-18.
- The eligible candidates would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Science/ Humanities/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area with at least 50% marks or 5.5 in CPI/CGPA for MBA programme.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category would be extended a relaxation of 5% or 0.5 in CGPA/CPI on a 10 point scale.
- The eligible candidates would have a valid CAT/MAT/CMAT score (test held from November 2014 onwards) with a minimum cut-off of 40 percentile for CAT/MAT/CMAT.
- Also students appearing in their final year graduation exams are eligible to apply.
- The application form can be downloaded from the institute’s website.
- The eligible candidates must send the duly filled application form along with self-attested copies of all testimonials and a Demand Draft of Rs 1000/- for General/OBC candidates and Rs 500/- for SC/ST candidates in favour of the Director, NIT Silchar, payable at State Bank of India, NIT Silchar Branch (Branch Code 7061).
- The eligible candidates must send their applications by Speed Post/Registered Post super scribing “Application for Admission in MBA program-2016-18” on the envelope to The Head, Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology, Silchar, Assam-788010.
- The candidates would be selected on the basis of their scores in the CAT/MAT/CMAT and creditable performance in Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) that would be held at NIT Silchar Campus.
- The Weightage allotted are as follows:
- Performance in higher secondary examination: 20
- Performance in graduation: 20
- Performance (percentile) in national level competitive examinations (CAT/MAT/CMAT): 30
- Performance in group discussion/ written ability test: 10
- Performance in Personal Interview: 20
- Completed application needs to be submitted latest by: Saturday, April 30, 2016.
- Short-listed candidates for GD & PI would be announced on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
- GD & PI would be held on: Thursday, May 26, 2016 to Saturday, May 28, 2016.
While addressing the Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha today (30th March), Prakash Javadekar, HRD minister revealed that ...
The final countdown begins with only a few days left for JEE Mains 2017. Those who are writing JEE Mains in pen and ...