Applications are invited by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar for admission to 2 years Master of Business Administration (MBA) program in the fields of Marketing, Finance and Human Resource for the academic session 2016-18.
- The eligible candidates would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Science/ Humanities/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area with at least 50% marks or 5.5 in CPI/CGPA for MBA programme.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category would be extended a relaxation of 5% or 0.5 in CGPA/CPI on a 10 point scale.
- The eligible candidates would have a valid CAT/MAT/CMAT score (test held from November 2014 onwards) with a minimum cut-off of 40 percentile for CAT/MAT/CMAT.
- Also students appearing in their final year graduation exams are eligible to apply.
- The application form can be downloaded from the institute’s website.
- The eligible candidates must send the duly filled application form along with self-attested copies of all testimonials and a Demand Draft of Rs 1000/- for General/OBC candidates and Rs 500/- for SC/ST candidates in favour of the Director, NIT Silchar, payable at State Bank of India, NIT Silchar Branch (Branch Code 7061).
- The eligible candidates must send their applications by Speed Post/Registered Post super scribing “Application for Admission in MBA program-2016-18” on the envelope to The Head, Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology, Silchar, Assam-788010.
- The candidates would be selected on the basis of their scores in the CAT/MAT/CMAT and creditable performance in Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) that would be held at NIT Silchar Campus.
- The Weightage allotted are as follows:
- Performance in higher secondary examination: 20
- Performance in graduation: 20
- Performance (percentile) in national level competitive examinations (CAT/MAT/CMAT): 30
- Performance in group discussion/ written ability test: 10
- Performance in Personal Interview: 20
- Completed application needs to be submitted latest by: Saturday, April 30, 2016.
- Short-listed candidates for GD & PI would be announced on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
- GD & PI would be held on: Thursday, May 26, 2016 to Saturday, May 28, 2016.