Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore has opened its gates for students interested in admissions to the following courses:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Food Science and Nutrition, Agricultural Engineering, Sericulture
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Food Process Engineering, Biotechnology, Horticulture, Energy and Environmental Engineering, Bioinformatics, Agricultural Information Technology
- B.S Agri-Business Management programs
- Candidates should have passed all the subjects in academic stream of the qualifying examination with 10+2 years of schooling under Board of Higher Secondary Education of Government of Tamil Nadu/ CBSE/ ICSE/ other State Government Boards/ other International Boards that are recognized are eligible to apply.
- Application forms are available on the official website of the University.
- Application fee is Rs. 600/- (Rs. 300/- for SC / ST Candidates).
- Candidates will be selected on merit, based on the marks in their qualifying examination.
- Single window counseling system is being followed for all degree programs and campus allotment.
Last date for online submission of application: Saturday, June 11, 2016.
Date of I Phase Counseling: Monday, July 04, 2016 to Sunday, July 10, 2016.
Date of II Phase Counseling: Monday, July 25, 2016 to Thursday, July 28, 2016.
The Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) had its genesis from establishment of an Agricultural School at Saidapet, Madras, Tamil Nadu, as early as 1868 and it was later relocated at Coimbatore. In 1920 it was affiliated to Madras University. TNAU assumed full responsibilities of Agricultural Education and Research and supported the State Agricultural Department by delivering research products. Till 1946, the Agricultural College and Research Institute, Coimbatore, was the only Institute for Agricultural Education for the whole of South India. In 1958, it was recognized as a Post-graduate Centre leading to Masters and Doctoral degrees. The Agricultural College and Research Institute, Madurai was established in 1965. These two colleges formed the nucleus of the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University while it was established in 1971.