- News byStream
Admission Notice: University of Delhi Invites Applications for Ph.D Program 2016
Delhi University has opened its gates for students for admission to its Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program for the session 2016.
How to Apply:
Submit the application along with one copy of synopsis on the topic of proposed research to the Department of History.
- In the case of those whom the Ordinances of the University have expressly exempted, only those who clear the qualifying written examination shall be eligible to be called for the interview.
- Admission to the Ph.D program will be based on the interview, where the candidate’s preparation for independent and original research and his/her research proposal will be evaluated.
- The qualifying examination shall be of two hours’ duration. Candidates will be required to answer any one question from out of four. The maximum marks will be 100.
- The questions for the examination will consist of passages from significant texts in history and will be chosen keeping the post-graduate History syllabi of the University of Delhi as a standard. The subject matter will include themes from all periods of Indian history and world history, historiography, and the use of sources.
- Candidates will be required to write an essay in response to the passage of their choice. The essay should reflect the candidate’s comprehension of the given passage, informed by the work that has been done in the area with which the passage is related.
- The essay will be evaluated on the basis of the discernment of the major argument of the passage, reasoning, clarity, innovation in presentation, and originality of thought. The question paper will be in English. Students have the option of answering the question in English or Hindi.
Last date for submission of application form: Friday, January 29, 2016.
Date of written test: Tuesday, February 02, 2016.
Date of interview: Thursday, February 11, 2016
Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis announced that the students who want to avail scholarships must link ...
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM) selects students on the basis of scores secured by a candidate in either XAT, ...