- News byStream
AIIMS Nagpur yet to Start its Academic Session
The proposed All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Nagpur will not be able to begin it's academic session from 2016 due to the delay in its development work.
Experts from the union ministry of health affairs are going to finalise one college and hospital to start AIIMS on a temporary basis until the permanent structure camps come up at Mihan.
It was in last July, Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis and Nitin Gadkari,Union Minister for road transport and highways had expressed confidence that AIIMS would start before this academic session. The CM had then directed Sachin Kurve, collector of Nagpur to coordinate with government departments and take adequate measures to begin AIIMS from this academic session.
Now the union ministry team is yet to visit the state for the project and it is at a standstill until the next session. After the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) results are out, no new colleges can be added for admissions.
Since the team from Central Government did not visit the state to finalise the college and hospital, no further work could be initiated. Previously AIIMS Nagpur was to begin from Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) hospital, Ganeshpeth. For that three colleges shortlisted were-
- Panpaliya Hospital at Nandanvan
- Raisoni College at Hingna
- Pharmacy College
Other Facts About AIIMS Nagpur:
- 85% of the seats are reserved for students hailing from Maharashtra .
- While 15% seats will be for aspirants from across India.
- A proposal will be sent for the appointment of institute director, non-teaching and teaching staff as per the norms.
- Appointment of staff will start before August 17, 2017, once the academic session starts.
- The state government will accommodate various government hostels near the college to accommodate students temporarily
In order to bring more transparency, the CBSE board has decided to mention the extra marks awarded to Class 12 students ...
One of the most popular course choice after Engineering and Medical is Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) programmes. With ...