- News byStream
Application Process for JAM – 2017 to Commence from 5th September, 2016
The online application process for Joint Admission Test for the admission into MSc course in IITs and IISCs will commence from 5th September 2016. The examination will be conducted on 12-February-2017 across various examination centers of the country. JAM is a national level examination conducted by Indian institute of Technology, Delhi. The candidates who get qualified in the examination can seek admission into Integrated Post Graduated Programs in Science in IISC, Bangalore, and IITs across India. Here are the details of the notification.
- The candidates who secured 55% of marks in +2 are eligible for the examination.
- However for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates the qualifying percentage is 50 in +2.
- The institutes which are involved in JAM for the admissions will decide on qualifying percentage for those who secured grades/CGPA.
- Online application starts from 5-September-2016
- The last date for the submission of application is 4-October-2016.
- Date of examination:- 12-February-2016
Cost of Application:-
- The cost of application is Rs.1, 500 for General/OBC candidates. If the candidate is applying for the second paper the cost of application is Rs. 2,100
- The cost of application for SC/ST/Female and PW candidates is Rs. 750/- one paper and Rs. 1,050/- two papers.
Pattern of Examination:-
- The examination is conducted in two sessions. Each session has a duration of three hours. The first session begins at 9.00 AM. The second session begins at 2.00 PM.
- The examination is being conducted in seven papers and candidates can appear for two papers basing on the schedule of examination.
The examination is conducted across 64 centers in the country which include IITs across the country
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
University Grants Commission - UGC - education standard regulator of the country has introduced a new scheme titled ...
Economics is one of the most ancient subjects and has been studied through centuries by different civilizations across ...