MHRD has extended the application date for the '2020 Commonwealth Master's Scholarship in the United Kingdom'. The last date to apply for the scholarship was November 15 but now the applicants can apply the latest by December 15, 2019. The applications are being invited from the eligible candidates for Masters and Ph.D. courses. A total number of 65 students have a chance to be nominated for scholarship programme, out of which, 26 candidates have to be enrolled for the Ph.D. course. The scholarship is being offered for pursuing one-year master's degree courses which will commence in September/October 2020.
The duration of Masters Course will be one year and the duration of the Ph.D. course will be up to three or four years. The scholarship will be offered to the candidates under the following development themes: -
- Access, Inclusion and Opportunity
- Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crises
- Strengthening Global Peace, Security and Governance
- Promoting Global Prosperity
- Strengthening Health Systems and Capacity
- Science and Technology for Development
It is mandatory for the applicants to apply under any one of the above-mentioned themes.
Eligibility Norms for 2020 Commonwealth Scholarship: -
- The upper age limit for the candidates should not be above 40 years as on February 7, 2019.
- Candidates who are interested in applying for Master’s programme should have completed or expected to complete Bachelor’s degree by October 2020.
- All the applicants for Master’s course should have 60% of marks in Science subjects and 65% of marks in Social Science subjects.
- Candidates who are interested in applying for the Ph.D. course should have completed or must complete Master’s degree by October 2018.
- All the applicants for the Ph.D. course should have 60% of marks in Science subjects and 65% of marks in Social Science subjects.
- English language proficiency is mandatory for all the applicants.
- All the applicants of Master’s programme must note that they need to submit a plan for studying.
- All the applicants of the Ph.D. programme will have to submit a research proposal.
When applying for the Commonwealth scholarship, applicants will have to upload a personal statement of about 500 words that summarizes the applicants' personal background and the changes and development they are looking forward to in the country.