British Council has started with its application process for its new 'Crafting Futures' programme. The crafting programme will motivate Indian craftspersons, especially women, to get global recognization by sharing their unique ideas and art pieces. Crafting Future is the name of this novel programme, craftspersons working in the field of textiles, fashion, handicrafts, furniture, pottery and jewellery can be a part of this programme.
British Council Crafting Future Project Objectives
This collaborative measure of India and the UK is based on certain objectives that are as follows:
- The project aims to co-develop the future of crafts
- It will be a 12 to 14 months long project.
- To observe traditional skills of Indian craftspersons
- Contemporary designs study
- Future of crafts in India
- Creation of new craft systems in India
Apart from the major objectives of the programme, it will also be concentrating on the role of women as a craft leader in the country, thus, women empowerment in India is also an essential part of this project.
British Council Crafting Project Observations
There are certain questions that must be answered by the end of British Council Crafting Projects, they are as follow:
- How can craft address environmental changes?
- How can crafts be globally accepted?
- What role does tourism play in expanding crafts?
- How can digital technology influence crafts?
When the project meets its terms, six organisations will be shortlisted, which will further receive technical & monetary support from various global partners. All the interested individuals & organisations can apply now, the application process ends on November 11, 2019.
Also Read: British Council and TSCHE Meeting
This innovative collaboration will surely have a positive impact on the social, economic and cultural perspectives of Indian craftspersons along with elevating the entrepreneurial opportunities with the help of digital technology. Interested candidates must grab the opportunity now!
For more news updates, follow CollegeDekho.