- News byStream
110 Cut off Expected for HNLU, Raipur
Common Law Admission Test was conducted on 8th May across the Country. This time there were more Registrations from Chhattisgarh for CLAT. So Bilaspur was also made a centre along with Raipur. There were 6 centers for CLAT in Raipur and 1 in Bilaspur.
There were around 12400 aspirants from Chhattisgarh who appeared for CLAT. Last year the number was 1052. Around 80000 students appeared for CLAT from all over India.
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT),the law entrance exam is conducted for admissions 2252 seats in five-year integrated law programmes which includes:
- BA LLB
- B.Com LLB
- B.Sc LLB
It is conducted every year by a National Law University (NLU) among the 17 member NLUs of the CLAT Committee, by rotation in the order of their establishment.
The 17 NLUs in the order of their year of establishment are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- The National Law Institute University, Bhopal(NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a non-statutory body created under a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the convenience of the students seeking admission to various National Law Universities in the country. An entrance test is conducted to provide a list of candidates on the basis of ‘merit-cum-preference’ to each University for admission to their UG/PG programmes, as per the eligibility, reservation and other criteria laid down under the respective statutes of the participating Universities.
There are 108 seats at Hidayatullah National Law University of Raipur for which admissions through CLAT will be taken. Out of these 108 seats,half seats are reserved for State Students and these students of Chhattisgarh will get admission in HNLU based on different categories.
For National Law University NLU of Bengaluru and Hyderabad the expected cut off can reach upto 170 marks.
Experts said last year's CLAT Question paper was quite tough as compared to this time.
The question paper carried 200 marks in which questions related to Maths, English, Reasoning, Legal Reasoning and General knowledge were asked. Questions related to Current Affairs seemed quite tough to the students.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University invites applications for admission to various undergraduate engineering courses ...
Not sure which is the best MBA institution for you? Don’t worry, you are not alone in making this choice. ...