The Council of Architecture (COA) has announced that NATA 2017 will take place on April 16, 2017. Earlier, the examination was used to be conducted in two phases on multiple days. However, NATA 2017 will be convened on a single day. COA has only released the exam date and did not release any other details of the notification as of now. The notification for NATA 2017 will be announced soon consisting of details such as exam dates, date of issuing admit card and announcement of result.
NATA is an entrance examination that is conducted by Council of Architecture (COA) for the admission to Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) course at various architecture colleges across the country.
Also read: - Anna University Postpones Exams Due to Cyclone Nada
COA is the prime authority which holds the entrance examination. However, it does not possess the responsibility to grant admissions to qualified candidates. The participating institutes will take up the admission process, and these institutes grant admission based on marks secured by the candidates in NATA exam.
Last year, the registrations for NATA examination commenced in the month of January. The application fee was Rs. 1,250 and there might be a chance that a slight increase in the cost of application will be there this time. The candidates who have passed +2 are eligible to apply for the entrance exam, and there is no provision for lateral entry.
NATA Tentative Exam Pattern: -
- The question paper is divided into two parts which include aesthetic test and sensitivity test. Both will be conducted in an online mode.
- There might be 40 objective type questions in sensitivity and aesthetic test.
- The candidates will get only 90 seconds to answer each question in the Computer Based Test (CBT).
- A drawing test will be conducted in an offline mode.
- The drawing test might consist of three questions.
- The duration of the drawing test will be two hours.