- News byStream
CSAB 2017 to be Administered by MNIT Jaipur
As per direction of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB), a constituent of Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) along with Joint Admission Board (JAB), will be headed by Jaipur-based Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT), for the admission year 2017.
The report of MHRD also suggests that Director of MNIT Jaipur, Dr. Udaykumar R.Y. will head the seat allocation body along with directors of all other 30 NITs, IIEST-Shibpur, 5 IIITs, and other CFTIs being its members.
Other members of CSAB 2017 will be -
- Director of IITs, Department of Higher Education, MHRD
- Director of NITs, Department of Higher Education, MHRD
- Nominee of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
- Nominee of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi
- Nominee of the National Informatics Centre, New Delhi
CSAB 2017 will be in charge of seat allotment in JEE Main 2017 participating institutes. Seat allocation will be done on the basis of the merit list of the candidates in the engineering entrance exam.
Main responsibilities for CSAB 2017 are -
- Finalisation of all the procedure and schedule for seat allocation
- To sign a MoU with Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2017
- Help the resource centres in making all the necessary arrangements
- Designing online choice filling forms
- Printing of the brochure
- Maintenance of website
- Distribution as well as collection of seat choices online
- Fill up supernumerary quota at 2007 level
- Introduce a procedure for verification of credentials and certificates
- Handle any court case coming out in case of the seat allocation process
- Offer all the counselling and allocation of seats against Quota (All Indian Basis/UT)
It is to be noted that Central Seat Allocation Board has the responsibility for counselling as well as seat allotment for qualified candidates for admissions to IIITs, NITs, and GFTIs till 2014. But later on in 2015, JoSAA was introduced for better counselling and seat allotment process. From the last two years, JoSAA has been holding joint seat allotment process for admissions to IITs and NITs.
Several IITs of India have proposed to increase the intake of its students to 460 from the next academic session ...
If you like meeting new people, expressing new ideas, find creative ways of doing things or writing then a career in ...