Admission season is about to start at the Delhi University (DU). Application procedure for DU entrance-based UG courses for the year 2018-19 had begun from May 15 and concluded on June 7, 2018. Delhi University has announced the dates for DU JAT 2018 and the exam will be conducted on June 22. The DU JAT 2018 admit card has been released on 15th June 2018.
Delhi University conducts entrance exams for various courses and DU JAT 2018 will be organised on June 22 for BBA FIA, BMS and B.A.(Hons.) Business Economics courses. Selection for 1,147 seats offered in these programmes will be done on the basis of DU JAT 2018 score.
Here are some of the courses offered by DU for which admission is done on entrance exam basis. Check out the preparation material and exam details below.
Delhi University UG Entrance Exam:
Delhi University has released a list of courses for which seat allotment will be done on entrance exam basis. In the previous years, the university used to conduct the DU JAT (Delhi University Joint Admission Test) only for the BBA, BMS and BBE programmes. However, in 2018, DU had announced 12 undergraduate courses for which entrance exams will be conducted. DU JAT and entrance exams will be conducted for all the courses listed below in 2018 as well.
DU Undergraduate Courses for which Entrance Exam will be conducted:
- B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- B.A.(Hons.) Business Economics
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports: B.Sc. (P.E., H.E. & S.)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
- B.A. (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication
- 5-year Integrated Programme in Journalism offered by Delhi School of Journalism
- B.A. (Hons.) in Karnatak MusicVocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)
- B.A. (Hons.) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)
- B.A. (Hons.) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar/Santoor/Guitar/Sarod/Violin)
Admission for close to 1600 seats under these 12 programmes will be done on the basis of entrance exam.
Important Policies regarding admission:
- BA (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication programme will be open only for women applicants.
- BMS and BBA seats will be finalised on the basis of group discussion and interview process that are conducted after the entrance test.
How to apply for DU Entrance Exams:
- Register for the respective exam through the DU Admission Portal
- Fill in the details asked in the form.
- Upload your passport size photograph, signature, a copy of class 10th pass certificate along with a copy of id proof.
Since some of the courses will be introduced under the entrance test section for the first time, there will be minor changes in the process. To avoid confusion regarding the application process and exam details, make sure to cross-check details on the official website of DU.
DU Entrance Exam Pattern:
- DU JAT is an objective type exam that is conducted in paper-pencil mode.
- The question paper will comprise 120 multiple choice questions.
- The duration of test will be 2 hours.
- The exam will comprise 4 sections with 25 questions each.
DU Entrance Exam Important Dates 2018:
|Registration Process for DU entrance exams to start from||May 15, 2018 (from 6 pm)|
|Registration Process for DU entrance exams ends on||June 7, 2018 (at 6 pm)|
|Release of DU JAT Admit Card 2018||June 15, 2018 (After 7:00 am)|
|DU JAT exam will be conducted on||June 22, 2018|
DU JAT 2018 Number of Seats:
|Name of the Course||Number of Seats|
|Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)||553|
|BBA Financial Investment Analysis||136|
|BA (Honours) Business Economics||458|
Details regarding the admit card and other exam updates will be provided on the online admission portal of the Delhi University. If you are appearing for the entrance exam, you will be required to carry the admit card and a valid ID proof in order to take entry in the exam hall. It is also essential that the quality of the admit card is good and legible for verification purposes.
Apart from DU JAT, DU will also be conducting entrance exams for PG courses. Separate entrance tests will be organised for programmes like LL.B and B.Ed exam by the Faculty of Law and Central Institute of Education (CIE) respectively. Other programmes for which entrance exam may be conducted are Masters in English (MA English) and other Post-graduate language programmes.