How to Prepare
DU JAT - BBE, BBS and BFIA 2017 Question Paper Format
DU JAT - BBE, BBS and BFIA 2017 News and Updates
The University of Delhi has declared the result for DU JAT 2017 entrance exam for admission to undergraduate programmes. DU has uploaded the result on the official admission portal. Also, the colleges and courses allocated to the applicants have also been provided on the official site. Result ...Read more
Admission season is about to start at the Delhi University (DU). Aspirants will be able to apply for various UG programmes for the year 2017-18 from May 22. Admission for PG entrance based courses such as M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes will be starting from May 31. There are various UG courses ...Read more
DU JAT - BBE, BBS and BFIA 2017
The admission process in DU colleges for BMS/BFIA/BBE programs is through a centralized common entrance test known as Joint Admission Test (JAT). Earlier, Group Discussion and Personal Interview used to after the entrance test takes place for BBA-FIA and BMS courses. However, for BBE there was no Personal Interview and Group Discussion, but direct counseling process which is usually held after 2-3 weeks post JAT. the admission process includes Test Score and Class XII marks.
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Financial Investment and Analysis (BBA-FIA)
- Bachelor of Business Economics (BBE)
DU JAT - BBE, BBS and BFIA 2017 Conducting Body
The University of Delhi was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university by an act of the Central Legislative Assembly. The University which began life with three colleges and 750 students has now become India’s largest institution of higher learning and among the largest in the world.Presently the university has 16 faculties and 86 departments spread over North and South campuses. It has 77 constituent colleges and a few other recognized institutes. It has around 1,50,000 regular students studying in undergraduate courses and more than 3,50,000 students in the non-formal stream.
DU JAT - BBE, BBS and BFIA Contact Details
|Address||Delhi University,New Delhi, Delhi 110021, India.|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
DU JAT - BBE, BBS and BFIA FAQ
1) In online portal, can two candidates apply from the same account?
No, only a single candidate can apply from an account for UG Admissions.
2) From where can I get information about admission?
You can get information about admission from the following sources:
- University website
- University Information Centre-
- Phone no. 011-27006900/155215
- You can visit help desk conducted by the office of Dean Student’s welfare in Room no: 5, 1st floor, Conference Center, opp. Botany department, North Campus.
- University conducts Open days before the admission process begins.
3) Can I fill online registration form even if I have compartment in class XII?
Yes, you can fill online registration form even if you have compartment in class XII. You will get admission only if you fulfill the minimum eligibility condition/meeting cut off list of that course/college during stipulated period.
4) I have registered online on the DU website, do I still need to fill up the offline form?
No, there’s no offline form.
5) I have provided incorrect information while filling up the online registration form and also paid the online registration fees. What shall I do?
After payment of the online registration fee, corrections, additions, deletions etc. in any manner shall not be allowed in the registration form. The candidates are, therefore, advised to fill their forms carefully. Incorrect form will be summarily rejected. However, an applicant can start afresh by online registering again using new registration id and password and applicant will need to submit online registration fee again.
6) Can an applicant for an Under-graduate Honours Course be considered for admission in the non-Honours Programme in the same College or not?
Applicants are required to apply for all programmes/courses in which he or she intends to apply for admission. His/her admission shall be considered w.r.t. the programmes/courses applied for. Applicants are therefore advised to fill up the Online Registration Form for all the programme/courses where the applicants wish to apply for admission.
7) Is it important to have caste or tribe certificate in the name of candidate?
Yes, if you are applying under any reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PH, then you must have Caste/Tribe/PwD certificate in the name of candidate. The OBC certificate must also specify that candidates belong to non-creamy layer and caste is listed in the Central Government list.
8) My result is yet to be declared, Can I still submit online registration form?
Yes, you can submit the online registration form by darkening the appropriate circle of result awaited under result section, however you have to fulfill the minimum eligibility condition/meeting cut off list of that course/college during stipulated period.
9) Can I apply in multiple courses in an online form?
Yes, you can apply in multiple courses in one form.
10) Can I change my Centre of Entrance Examination after I’ve completed the online registration form?
No, you can choose any one of the six cities for appearing in the entrance examination via online registration. Once you’ve completed the entire online registration process, the chosen center will not be changed.
11) What is the eligibility criterion to take admission in DU JAT - BBE, BBS and BFIA in University of Delhi?
- The candidate should have passed Senior Secondary School Examination (10 +2) of CBSE or any other examination considered equivalent by the University of Delhi.
- The candidate should have secured an aggregate of at least 60% marks in his/her XII class examination (55% for SC, ST, CW and PC categories) in four papers including English and Mathematics. The other two papers are to be selected from Sociology.
- The candidate should have obtained pass mark in each of the four papers considered for computing the aggregate in the above mentioned subjects.
- The candidate seeking admission to the B.A. (Honours) Business Economics course must provide the confirmed result of the qualifying examination and marks obtained therein within one week of the appearing in the joint entrance test.
- The mark sheet of the qualifying examination and the reserved category certificates of OBC (of Central List & non creamy layer), SC, ST, PC, and CW, as applicable, in the name of the candidate, must be produced on the day of counselling.
- The candidates securing compartment in the qualifying examination in a particular year shall not be considered for admission in that year.
- Foreign nationals seeking admission to B.A.(Hons) Business Economics course against the prescribed quota of seats earmarked for them, shall have to apply through the Foreign Students Advisor, c/o Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi - 110007 and are exempted from the written examination.
- Those foreign students w ho have acquired their m inim um qualification for admission from any Indian Board, in India have to apply directly as a General category candidate. They are required to appear for the joint entrance test like O O general category candidates and follow the same selection process as applicable to the general category and in addition fill up the foreign student application form of FSR office.
12) I am confused about which subject to choose for my best four. I have studied both commerce and accounts in my class XII. Help!
You can add both these subjects in your best four.
13) If I’ve already taken admission in a particular course, can I change my subject during the study or after completing the first year?
If you’ve already taken admission in a particular course, you can change the course only before the last date of admission, provided seats are available and you meet the requisite cut off.
14) I have got 94% in class 12th. Can I get admission in Delhi University for BBA?
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi University is the only college offering B.B.A. Financial Investment Analysis and you can apply for this course from JAT . But there are other subjects in the field of Commerce that you can choose to opt in DU.
15) Is it compulsory to include English in best of four for DU admission?
YES! It is compulsory to include English in the best four subjects to get admitted to the University of Delhi.
16) What are the chances of a student getting admission in DU after getting 94% marks in 12th board and my best four is 96%?
There are many chances that you will get through a good DU College with 96% marks. Colleges you can get through with easily, are: Kirorimal College, Sri Venkateswara College, Daulat Ram College, Hindu College, etc.
17) For how long is the DU JAT - BBE, BBS and BFIA score valid?
The DU JAT - BBE, BBS and BFIA score is valid for just one year.
18) What are the good colleges under DU for commerce?
Delhi University houses some of the very good colleges for commerce education. Leading among them are: Shri Ram College of Commerce, Lady Shri Ram College, Hans Raj College, Hindu College, etc.
19) Which colleges in DU are not strict towards attendance of students?
Almost every DU College has some or the other guidelines for attendance. Some of the college like Ram Lal Anand College, Shyam Lal College, SGND Khalsa College, Deshbandhu College, Shivaji College may have some leniency towards the attendance procedures.
20) How does one apply through the ECA or Sports quota?
You can apply for ECA and Sports quota also online.
21) Is a candidate required to be present in-person on the day of admission?
Yes, candidate must be present on the day of admission in the college along with the desired documents.
22) Can I get fee concession? What is the procedure for fee concession?
Yes, there is a provision for fee concession in most of the colleges but only after admission. You may contact college for details.
23) Can I take admission in two different/same courses in different colleges after declaration of a cut off?
No, you cannot take admission simultaneously in two different courses or same courses in different colleges. In case you take admission at two places, your admission will be cancelled from both the colleges/courses.
24) I was admitted under sports Quota last year but could not clear the first year. Can I apply afresh and also change my course?
You can clear your first year as an ex-student, if your internal assessment is complete (including attendance. In case you have not completed the above said condition, then you must apply afresh.
25) Are the NCC/NSS cadets granted special seats?
No, the NCC/NSS cadets are not given any special quota in any of the DU colleges.
26) Is there be any relaxation granted to women candidates?
For women candidates, relaxation varies from college to college or even from course to course. Nevertheless, the upper limit has been fixed at 3%.