Cluster Innovation Centre (CIT) at Delhi University is offering a unique B.Tech course in Information Technology & Mathematical Innovations. Inculcating innovation mindset is the basic purpose of the course. DU conducts Centralised Admission Procedure for this exclusive B.Tech course. On the other hand, Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (NSIT), a DU affiliated institute admits the students based on JEE Main score.
CIC – Delhi University conducts an entrance exam for the admission to B.Tech in Information Technology & Mathematical Innovations course. Apart from the entrance test score, aggregate marks in best of four subjects will be also taken into consideration. The average cut-off for general category is expected to be around 60%. This year, the entrance test for this B.Tech course will take place on June 21, 2018.
About DU B.Tech Information Technology & Mathematical Innovations Course:
- The structure of B.Tech in Information Technology & Mathematical Innovations course is different from the traditional/ conventional B.Tech courses.
- For instance, the evaluation process will give 60% weightage to hands-on innovative learning.
- The course will comprise of individual projects, semester projects and summer internships. These activities will continue for seven semesters and the last semester of the course will have a six-month industrial internship.
- During the internship, students will have to write their undergraduate dissertation.
- The projects and internships are a part of the curriculum and are graded.
- Apart from the mandatory papers in IT and applied mathematics, CIC allows students to pick one subject among the three sub-streams including economics & management, system biology and electronics & embedded systems.
- The varsity grants admission to 40 students every year.
About DU’s Cluster Innovation Centre:
- CIC has a well-equipped campus with outstanding infrastructure and state-of-the-art amenities.
- All the classrooms at CIC are laptop friendly and have access to projects.
- The labs at CIC are equipped to facilitate innovation-based research.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest DU news & updates.