Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa invites applications for admission to the various courses in Goa for the academic year 2017-18. The selection criteria for Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET- 2017), which is scheduled to be held on May 9 and May 10, 2017. The exam will be held in offline mode.
The entrance test will be conducted for admissions to different courses like -
- B. Tech & B. Arch
- MBBS & BDS
- B.Sc. in Nursing
- Allied Health Sciences
Basis GCET 2017, a total of 1300 seats in Engineering are up on offer, including Bachelors in Architecture at different state engineering colleges. The exam will be conducted in various centres across the state of Goa.
Exam will be conducted the following subjects -
Eligibility Criteria for GCET 2017:
- Candidates should be of Indian origin
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) as well as Non-resident Indians (NRI) card holders can apply as well
- Minimum age of students for Dentistry, Medicine, Allied Health Sciences, Homoeopathy, and Nursing courses is 17 years as on December 31, 2017
- Courses like Medicine, Dentistry, Homoeopathy, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing courses do not have any maximum age limit
- Having proof of studying Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects at 12 level are a must for Homeopathy & AHS courses
- Minimum Percentage requirement - General Quota - 50% marks in PCB, SC/ST/OBC candidates - 40% and PH candidates - 45%
- Engineering - Candidate should have studied English, Physics & Mathematics, and either Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology/ Biology at the Higher Secondary level
- Minimum percentage requirement - General Quota -45% marks in Physics, Mathematics and with a subject combination of Biology/ Biotechnology / Computer Science and for the SC/ST/OBC categories, with the same subject combination - 40% marks
- For admission to Architecture, students will have to clear the NATA exam
2017 GCET Paper Pattern:
The questions will be based on 12th standard syllabus prescribed by Goa Board. The paper format will be objective type questions with multiple choice answers asked in the OMR pattern. Each paper will have 75 questions and each question will carry one mark each. There will be no negative marking. All the questions to be answered within two hours of duration.
Reservation Pattern for GCET 2017:
|Category||No. of Reserved Seats|
|Other Backward Communities - OBC||27%|
|Scheduled Tribes - ST||12%|
|Non-resident Indian - NRI||5%|
|Physically Handicapped - PH||3%|
|Scheduled Castes - SC||2%|
|Freedom Fighters - FF||1%|
Exam Schedule for GCET 2107
|Subject||Date and Day||Time|
|Physics Paper||Tuesday, 9 May 2017||10.00 to 12.00 hrs|
|Chemistry Paper||Tuesday, 9 May 2017||14.00 to 16.00 hrs|
|Mathematics Paper||Wednesday,10 May 2017||10.00 to 12.00 hrs|
|Biology Paper||Wednesday,10 May 2017||14.00 to 16.00 hrs|
How to Apply for GCET 2017:
Aspiring candidates have to pay the application fee of GCET 2017 through Demand Draft of INR 1,500 drawn in favour of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji, Goa.
Before applying for the test candidates must make it sure that they fulfill all the required eligibility criteria of GCET 2017. After clearing the test, the deserving candidates will be offered seats in government colleges, state government funded institutions, centrally funded institutes, and self-funded institutions. GCET Application Form for GCET 2017 is expected to be available from the last week of March 2017.