- News byStream
Govt. Announces Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards, No Woman Selected
The government has announced the names of the recipients who will be receiving the prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award for Science and Technology. This year, there is no woman on the list. The announcement was officially made by the Ministry of Science and Technology. The award is one of the prestigious awards in multidisciplinary science in India. It was first awarded in the year 1958.
Here is the list of scientists who are selected for the award:-
- Suvendra Nath Bhattacharya, CSIR Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata and Rishikesh Narayan, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore have been awarded in the Biological Science category
- In Chemical Sciences category, Partha Sarathi Mukherjee bagged the award
- Sunil Kumar Singh has been awarded for Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Venkata Narayana Padmanabhan, Microsoft Research India and Avinash Kumar Agarwal of IIT Kanpur have been awarded in the Engineering Sciences category
- Naveen Garg, from IIT Delhi and Amlendu Krishna, from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai bagged the award in Mathematical Sciences category
- In Medical Sciences category, Niyaz Ahmed has bagged the award
- Sudheer Kumar Vempati, IISc and Subramanian Anantha Ramakrishna, IIT Kanpur jointly bagged award in Physical Sciences category
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
President and CEO, Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) USA Fred H Walti II held an interaction with the ...
One of the biggest confusion after appearing for B-school entrance exams is the evaluation procedure. There is a void ...