- News byStream
IGNOU to Launch 4 New DTH Education Channels
In an effort to increase the scope of interactive and multimedia learning and reach to a large number of students Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will very soon launch four new Direct-To-Home (DTH) channels.
The varsity is going to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Human Resource Development (HRD) ministry for the channels which is likely to be inaugurated on August 15.
In a statement, the varsity said HRD ministry has given the responsibility to IGNOU for running four DTH channels. The university is also restoring two other channels including ‘Gyan Darshan’ along with the new channels. And it will be on air very soon. Gyan Darshan went off-air in October 2014 when they failed to pay dues.
A meeting is scheduled for next week and then we will get a clear picture. But the channels would be definitely on air by Independence Day, informed an official of the university.
How IGNOU is reaching to students -
- IGNOU, catering to over three lakh students through its bi-annual sessions.
- To help students directly interact with its teachers it also offers Gyanvani FM channels.
- The over 3,000 Learner Support Centres of the 31-year-old varsity are spread different parts of the country including in the remote regions like - Jammu and Kashmir and the Northeastern part of India.
- These centres operate in 9 foreign languages and caters to a large number of NRIs and students of Indian origin.
- The varsity has also started its largest education portal ‘Gyankosh’ after a gap of two years.
Importantly this year, more than 1,22,000 students have applied for admission to the university and 31 August is the last date for admission with a late fee.
The HRD Ministry has decided to rate medical, dental and law colleges for the convenience of students. This list will ...
As the class 12th board exams are drawing near, there is a need to decide your career path and the entrance exams that ...