- News byStream
IIM Shillong Welcomes 5th Batch of PGPEx-MBIC, Urges India and China to Join Hands
Recently IIM Shillong hosted the welcome ceremony for its fifth batch of its Post Graduate Programme for Executives - Managing Business in India and China (PGPEx-MBIC). The event saw speakers from both India and China who focused on the need for both the nations to collaborate in order to grow and progress.
Chairperson of PGPEx-MBIC, Dr. Rohit Dwivedi, hosted the ceremony. He explained some key features of the program and how it is different from other International business programs. He said that while learning, one must not only learn about business studies but should also keep in mind the cultural and moral aspects of the host nations.
Some of the highlights of the event are given below:
- Inauguration ceremony started by Prof. Santosh Pretty
- Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam Mantra
- Guest of Honor- Prof. Ni Shixiong and Prof. Lou from Fudan University.
Prof. Shixiong explained the importance of having such programs which help students understand the economic, cultural, and business relations between India and China, two of the greatest economies of the world.
He also wished the students all the best and motivated them to work harder than before as they move ahead in their life.
This year, the student strength for Post Graduate Programme for Executives is 31 students. While welcoming them, IIM Shillong Director, Prof. Amitabha De, motivated the batch and said that they are the future brand ambassadors of the institute and the country. He further added that for proper development of the nations, peace and harmony are very important.
About the program:
- Duration of PGPExecuive on Managing Business in India and China (MBIC)- 14 months
- The program has been launched as a result of collaboration between IIM Shillong and the Ocean University China (OUC), Qingdao.
- The program is a fully residential program spread across IIM Shillong and OUC campus and aims at providing individuals an opportunity to not only learn general management principles but also the best practices relevant for conducting trans-national business. This will be further done by providing them with internships and industry visits in both the countries.
Professor Abhay Karandikar of IIT-Bombay, started a project on optimizing the cost of internet and providing the ...
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year for technical and science graduates who seek ...