Indian Institute of Science, popularly known as IISc Bangalore has published the notification for Summer Fellowship in Science and Engineering for the year 2017. However, only the candidates belonging to ST/SC categories will have the chance to apply for the fellowship. The application process for fellowship has not commenced yet and the candidates can start applying from March 10, 2017.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST categories who are pursuing first-year M.Sc in Chemical and Mathematical Sciences/ Physics/ Biology are eligible to apply for the fellowship. (OR)
- The candidates to belonging to SC/ST categories who are pursuing third-year Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology course can also apply for the scholarship.
About IISc Summer Fellowship in Science and Engineering 2017: -
- The candidates who are selected for this fellowship will be provided travelling allowance (second-class sleeper train fare).
- Free boarding and lodging will be provided at Indian Institute of Science.
- The selected candidates will get a fellowship of grant of Rs. 5,000 and a book grant of Rs. 1,500.
- It is mandatory for the selected candidates to work with one of the faculty members of Indian Institute of Science.
- The selected candidates will have an opportunity to learn various research techniques between June-July 2017.
How to Apply?
- The candidates have to apply for the fellowship by filling the online application form from the official website of Indian Institute of Science.
- Later, the candidates need to take the printout of filled-in application form.
- The principal of the college must duly sign the application form.
- The candidates need to affix the study certificate to the application form.
- All the documents, i.e., a printout of application form and study certificate must be scanned and uploaded on the official site of Indian Institute of Science.
Last Date: -
- April 15, 2017, is the deadline for filling and uploading the application form on the official site.